June 6, 2010

Update....

Sorry all....we still don't have internet (I'm at school)...I think Comcast has worse service than Rogers if you can believe that :)

Erica and I are all moved in. A word to the wise...I don't recommend moving in the middle on an intense summer semester for those of you who may be considering this! I'm not sure what we were thinking, but we're almost all unpacked and out little place is so cute. I'll post pictures at some point. It may not be until the fall though because I'm a busy girl these days.

Oh and the best thing about having a place where I feel comfortable and can do what I want?? I not only can have people over but look what I've made these past 2 days:

1. Cookies and cream pie....still in the fridge...Zac (my buddy who graduated and moved back to SC) is coming to stay with us tonight (I'm excited), so we're (Erica, Zac, Trev, and I) are going to dive into this bad boy.
2. One of my friends had her 50th birthday this week and she really wanted me to make her a homemade cheesecake, so I did. I didn't get to try it and I haven't chatted with her to see how it was, but it looked so freaking good! I even made my own brownies for the top instead of skimping and buying some two bite ones...oh so I made a pan of brownies too....(prego we need to make one of these this summer)
3. Pineapple coffee cake for an open house that my expressives class is doing tomorrow. We're displaying our artwork from the semester.
4. Dad's YUMMY beans...I've been craving these so it was so good to eat them for lunch today! I think I'm going to go home and have another bowl here in a minute.

So it's RIDICULOUS how happy it makes me to make all of this stuff and feed people. I love it! I think Erica's liking it too; she never knows what to expect when she gets home :) Yes honey I'll continue this streak when I get home. I've missed it so much!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

OMG you're killing me. I would almost die for a piece of that second chocolate cheesecake right now. That's torture, Erin, posting that picture!
Soooo when will you be back into the baking swing at home??? :)

Erin said...

sorry Mandi...I should have put a warning on my post just for you :) I will be back into the baking swing as soon as I get back from the Mediterranean. I'm LOVING this and realized how important it is to my soul...lucky you :)

Ohhhh just remembered I have another potluck at school on Tuesday...everyone has to bring something from the culture that they did their immersion experience with...hmmmmm off to search for that!