September 4, 2010

Classes update....

Sorry all for the lack of posting...if I can get through this semester of internship, classes, intense personal counseling, and being away from my husband I think I'll be able to actually pull of anything for the rest of my life :)

This semester I am at the EMU counseling center for 8 hours on Monday and Thursday seeing clients for internship. I saw five clients on Thursday, and boy was I nervous going in there. I hadn't counseled anyone all summer, and was worried that I had lost all that I acquired last semester. Good news is that I had an awesome day. It was one of those days where I just kept sitting back in awe. I can't explain this, but I felt it. I love how I've been made. I love my gifts, passions, and blessings. To be able to sit back and watch this beautiful masterpiece that is me come together in a way that I never thought possible still brings tears to my eyes. I can't wait to be a counselor, and bless others through all that He has equipped me with. In fact I look forward to doing this again on Monday. Hmmm this will be a good post to look back on someday when I'm tired, and want to give up.

Tuesday morning I'm at school from 8:45 to 6:00. In that time I have my internship supervision with four of my classmates, Marriage and Family, and Research (reminding me a lot of Research Methods and Stats only graduate level...yikes). Then on Wed classes start at 9:40, and we end at 4:40. In that time we have Advanced Diagnosis and Career Counseling. Career will be the death of me folks. I do not like it, but I'm trying. I'm trying to go into this with an open mind...it's sooooo hard though. Nothing in me wants to do career counseling with someone.

As for now I need to go to bed. My roomie and I are cleaning tomorrow and hitting the books. Hope everyone is well, and survived Hurricane Earl...or what Jason described as a rainy day :)

No comments: