- homemade banana bread
- ice cream
- honey infused root beer (can't wait to try this)
- a plant shot immunity booster (don't know but I'll try anything at this point)
- echinacea tea
- orange tea
- chai tea
- a vase with tulips in it
- an orange
- chocolate
- a card
- bottle of hand sanitizer
How cool is that? You know I think, not that I don't have enough already, that I've got something else I need to work on in counseling. Being this far from Jason has made me realize just how much I rely on him, even though to most of you my definition of "relying" probably isn't much. I took for granted all the other times I was sick and he drove me to the store or would pick something up for me on the way home, or we went to DQ. Normally while all of this is going on the rest of you at home are pulling your hair out asking what you can do for me. This was the same occurrence down here. However this time I just got bombarded whether I liked it or not.
Everything in me hated it. It seemed SO unnatural for me to accept the gift presented. At the same time though I was smiling the whole way to school. How many people have friends that would do this? And I have friends in 2 separate parts of the world that would do this for me. VERY COOL! Makes all that loneliness from the last three days seem so ridiculous. I'm telling you a lot of things roll through your mind when you're in solitary confinement (k not really but that's how it felt for this extrovert).
I also had loads of people not only tell me I look like shit today (thanks guys), but also genuinely concerned for me and where I was at. Offering me advice, telling me that I'm getting out of the house this weekend and going to their house to just watch movies, etc. My two profs that still have this cold, with my same symptoms, have both gone to the doctor and found out that it's viral. So they sympathetically smiled at me and said "you've got another week and a half to go" arghhhhhhh. Anyways, yes I'm still feeling like crap and yes that does suck. However there are loads of people that love me and want to spend time with me and just overall support me through this. I just have to "stop being such a stubborn ass" because "we're going to love you whether you like it or not!" (that's what my card said).
3 comments:
My wife is... stubborn!?!? What? First I've heard of it. Tell your friends that your husband thanks them for their pushiness.
glad you approve, Jason. ;)
:o)
Post a Comment