- ate raw salmon in a sushi roll that a friend had, despite Erica saying sarcastically "oh sure eating raw salmon is fine for you, just like raw chicken is as well"...ha ha ha what a smarty pants..I think she gagged watching me eat it....I think I gagged too, weird texture and just the thought of eating raw fish
- have been having a lot of physical symptoms this week that I don't like, I'm going with a direct link between my body and stress right now....and no I'm not pregnant
- won first place in an ethics competition and read 159 pages in a novel all in one night, I'm officially a geek now people
- looking forward to a yummy supper and fun game of Settlers of Catan this weekend
- sang "Oh Canada", along with April, to a group of Americans who didn't know the song
- survived the birthing video, thankfully the prof changed it to a birth that we watched all the action without needing to see the actually female part during it
- stuck my foot in my mouth before the video...there was a pregnant guest speaker in class who introduced herself and wanted us to go around and introduce ourselves, when it was my turn I admitted that I was having anxiety about the video to which she responded that it was HER birthing video that we were going to be watching, man I was embarrassed....I will admit it was weird seeing the woman's bare breasts as she's sitting there with us watching the video
- one of my classmates is flying to Florida for the weekend in a couple of weeks (for $100 return, you can't even drive there from here for that) and wants me to go with her.... she's even going to Disney....arghhhhhh so tempting but would be way too hard without Jason
- learning how to have accurate empathy with a client....going beyond what the client is saying and taping into the feelings and emotions involved in the words....this is hard, especially as the prof circulates and gives you feedback (I was the client in this moment and she made me cry)
- had to do a role play for a client in crisis....I was the counselor whose client was coming out to her parents the next morning....good training for the future perhaps
- LOVING Safe Space and the people involved, they were trying to come up with a logo for t-shirts the other night when I was there...one suggestion was "homophobia is gay" ha ha.....not the one they picked though obviously
- Jason's been in Ottawa all week, which means Kitty is really mad at me now because she's been home alone all week with Alpine....although they've had a break from Trooper
- so thankful for my classmates, so thankful
- been having Haiti on my mind a lot
- been hating the skin I've been in this past week due to a wonderful memory, come on counselling.....seriously this is hard freaking work....no wonder people give up... I'm not helping am I? :)
- having a huge ice storm right now...it's going to be a mess tomorrow
- am making plans to go to 2 counseling conferences in March, one is Pittsburgh and one in DC
- need to book a plane ticket home
- read way too many text book pages for all my classes, I lost count after 206 pages
- am feeling quite exhausted due to ridiculous dreams, my brian just isn't shutting off at night time it feels like
- have a lot of work to do
...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
January 21, 2010
Week 2....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so tired, I thought I read that you were having an ice cream storm...then it took me a couple of seconds to decide why that thought might not be correct...
thinking of ya
ha ha ha oh MB you need to go to bed buddy! Thnaks for the thoughts :)
Post a Comment