April 2, 2010

Week 12....

  1. get to see my husband in 4 weeks!!!!!!
  2. did a 60 minute presentation on LGB and got a 24/25 on the paper that went with that presentation
  3. was validated by one of the profs in a big way in the program
  4. had to confront a fellow classmate who we caught cheating on a quiz
  5. am enjoying sitting with clients, but I like group counseling as well...I'm learning lots!
  6. have been reminded over and over again of just how present God is
  7. had some sweet tea
  8. been enjoying hot weather, it was 31 these past two days and that's supposed to continue
  9. was in Target today and heard a child squeaking a toy over and over again....it reminded me of Trooper chewing on his squeaky toys and made me teary :(
  10. spent some money on myself today, it felt so good....I needed a new bra and threw in a couple of extra things at other stores as well :) I love Ross!
  11. am dreaming a lot about fun things that Jason and I can do when he gets here....all he dreams about is where he's going to eat and golf.....joke's on him we're doing some touristy stuff too
  12. have been feeling really lonely
  13. hung out with Erica for a half girls night tonight, Trev joined us later in the evening, so much fun and greatly needed in my world!
  14. am off to Oma's (German for grandmother) on Sunday with Trev and Christian for food that is "going to blow my face off" apparently...looking forward to this for sure!
  15. meet a creepy guy at the bar tonight....I hauled Trev in the conversation out of fear for my life....dude looked me in the eyes and told me he bathes in virgin's blood and that's how he stays so young looking....nice eh? I kept a straight face and showed no fear as he ran his thumb across his throat, all the while grabbing Trevor's leg and squeezing it really hard to get his attention
  16. am hoping not to catch the next version of the counseling cold that's going around the department
  17. there's only 4 weeks left in the semester, that means lots of work to do....Jason FYI you're getting 3 papers to edit tomorrow...blame Mandi :)
  18. the cruise still seems far away at this point
  19. am thankful for my counselor who somehow makes me feel more normal amongst all my craziness
  20. switched to organic milk
  21. went out for Mexican...mmmmmm....we need a good Mexican restaurant in Moncton, Mexi's doesn't cut it
  22. been longing to start walking again but somehow never have the time, I think I need to make time
  23. Kitty turned 13.....doesn't matter though she's immortal :)
  24. been feeling this weird poetry/writing/I don't know what to call it side emerging... must be all my touchy feely classes
  25. listened to a presentation on grief groups for children.....we each got a balloon and had to write a message on it and let it go into the sky....felt really good....BUT...I popped it and threw out my garbage....couldn't bare to send the balloon and string into the sky knowing that it would come down and kill some animal....although I could have copied Erica and wrote "if you're a bird don't eat this" on mine....she's so funny!
  26. worried the clutch is going in the Honda, feel free to pray this doesn't happen....I don't want to put anymore money in this car
  27. have rambled enough....hope everyone is well!

12 comments:

Debie said...

bra and shopping = Ross
who is Ross, and can he help me?

such a great update. So Jason will be there to celebrate the end of the semester?...did I read that right? so sweet.

31 is waaaaaay hot. This weather is so crazy. I've got all the windows open right now. It's 9 and going up to 21 today. Now that is crazy!

Have a great Easter! And, enjoy that visit with the food that will take your face off. yikes!

Erin said...

Hey Deb,

Ha ha ha Ross is a store like Winners but WAY better. I am able to get Jason Nike golf stuff for $15 dollars or less, for example. So I bought a coule of t-shirts and a pair of shorts at Ross. Bra shopping down here= Victoria Secret. Expensive, but totally worth it. I bought one there when we were in California 4 years ago and just had to replace it.

You read right! Jason will be coming down between my spring semester and summer semester. It's only for 5 days but it's so worth it!

The weather is crazy eh? Jason told me he's in shorts and a t-shirt today....enjoy friend :)

You have a great Easter as well, sad I'm missing the Pool event :(

mel said...

Jeepers creepers, Erin, how on earth did you keep your composure with that virgin's-blood-dude?

Erin said...

Hey Mel! Ya it was intense, but I'm learning how to keep the straight face on no matter what anyone tells me so I went into counselor mode. However, I almost crapped my pants if that helps :) Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Trevor has a bruise on his leg now....

Rachel said...

Aw, someone already asked about Ross, I was going to say who is Ross? I thought you loved Jason? The joke is old now though. Are you planning to do any child counselling?

Erin said...

Hey Rachel!
ha ha ha yup Deb got there before you...

I'm not sure if I plan on counseling children or not. I still have to take 2 courses that involve that, and will probably get a sense once I'm done those. I did come into this program saying NEVER, however I'm learning that when I say never God says "oh really, here you go".

Why do you ask?

Rachel said...

I want to get into foster care and adopting and it would be nice to know that the kids that I take in would have a good counsellor.

Erica Quinn said...

You can tell we're getting into spring here - all your activities sound much more peppy than usual! Less schoolwork - more fun times! Thanks for goin out w/ me for coffee this morning - good times. :)

I really need to catch up on my Celsius readings.. I read Debie's post "31 is waaaay hot" and I literally shivered. It just reminds me of that huge snow storm over christmas. Glad that's over and it's in the 80's now!!

Erin said...

Rachel: Wow Rachel I feel honoured that you would send your kids to me. If it does end up being a specialty of mine I'll let you know. If not though, there's always Eleanor. She's amazing with kids!

Erica: I'm thankful for the peppiness let me tell you with the slump I've been in :)Enjoyed the coffee as well this morning....good times for sure! Ha ha ha I'll have you taught in C by the time I leave...just don't forget it all after that!

Mandi said...

A few things...
... I still didn't get to try sweet tea on my vacation
... I have some ideas for what you and Jason can do when he comes to visit (which rocks by the way) go to Bath and Body Works and buy some soap for me and send it home with Jason! Good idea! (I didn't find one when I was away)
... how was Oma's food? The pregnant lady needs a report!
... yay for organic milk! That's all we do now too.
... I had Mexican in Mexico - agreed, Mexi's does not cut it! It's all about the salsa.
... Kitty is 13? I bet she's pissed that you outed her age on the Internet!
... so glad your counselor rocks

Erin said...

-you've got to have sweet tea!
-hmmm you know that might be doable.. we may be able to stuff one or two bottles in his golfbag to bring back.. as you've found out it will depend on the weight...I'll keep it in mind though
-I actually wasn't feeling so hot so missed Oma's food :(
-it is all about the salsa and refried beans for me as well!
-Kitty is pissed but she'll get over it because she still won't see me for another 9 weeks....wait until I'm home for a day and then leave for another two weeks...poor girl!

Mandi said...

Ohhh if you would consider sending a couple of bottles of soap home with him that would make my day! I can even pay you for it no problem. I don't need any kitchen soap - for some reason I'm not going through that very fast. I need bathroom stuff. I've liked the nectarine mint one - or something like that? But really, anything would do. Of course weight dependent, I get that. But even considering it makes me HAPPY! Thanks!