- "I survived group therapy and all I got was this lousy shirt" this is my therapy group that I just spent 10 weeks with for my group counseling class....we finally agreed on something and ordered t-shirt for our last day...this was a brutal process, but I learned so much as a leader and a participant! In the above picture we are all holding our affirmation trees that we made. Basically each person wrote an affirmation on cards and hung them on our trees. Guess who cried a lot ;)
- only 3 more weeks of the semester left and 20 days until I see Jason!!!!
- had a long week
- saw 5 clients and did 2.5 hours of leading groups
- went to a self-inflicted violence education session
- am going to a 3 hour eating disorder seminar tomorrow, both of these are extras and I'm super tired and don't feel like going to them....but I learned lots and since I want to work with trauma these 2 things go hand in hand unfortunately....plus they're free
- ate at Bowl of Good....yummy organic, local, fair trade place that's attached onto Ten Thousand Villages
- had a lie that I've been believing since I was 8 come to the surface this week and smack me on my ass a few times....gotta love that.....thank God for counseling folks
- love my husband a lot.... even though he's not here the creative ways he finds to remind me that he's still present in my world at the perfect times makes my heart jump for joy
- did I mention I was tired?
- going out tomorrow night to celebrate another friend's birthday, then a dinner party on Saturday that I luckily got invited to, and trying a new church on Sunday...good thing I'm taking a break form homework land this weekend
- can't really think of anything else right now to add....been a busy school week that's still not done...looking forward to chilling out tomorrow night and having a few laughs with friends
...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
April 8, 2010
Week 13....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
man, this post is crying 'exhaustion'. I'm hoping your in bed now and peacefully dreaming away.. and I mean peacefully dreaming. You have such optimism with everything you're going through - proud of you buddy. We'll have some good times tomorrow night ;). Catch ya later kiddo.
ha ha ha well, as you know, that's how I feel. I'd like to say I was sleeping peacefully when you posted this but it was off and on all night. I'm sleeping in tomorrow for sure :) Thanks for the kind words friend, and I hope you know I'm proud of you too!
Looking forward to the fun times tonight!
Post a Comment