May 13, 2010

Expressive Therapy...

Guarded (poor Guarded...my snake sock puppet...isn't very photogenic)
Embrace IT ALL!!!!
Say What You Need to Say

One of the classes I'm taking this intense summer semester is Expressive Therapies (Monday and Wednesdays 10:30-3:00). I was dreading this class because I HATE drawing, and have been reminded throughout my life of just how much I suck at it. However, our prof cleared all of that up for me the first day of class by explaining that it doesn't matter. Explaining that we are all individuals and what we bring is okay, there is no standard. So with that in mind.....here are some of my creations thus far. (freaking blogger is ticking me off...I can't get the words to go before the pictures anymore...sorry for the backwards post)


4 comments:

mel said...

It's very cool that you've been able to embrace the process and release the standard. Thanks for being brave enough to share your creativity with us, Erin.

Erin said...

Aw thanks Mel....you're welcome :)

Erica Quinn said...

Guarded looks sort of friendly in that picture.. darn it!! have a great weekend friend!! Maybe we can catch up with coffee Sun?

Erin said...

Ha ha ha Erica, Guarded is friendly... I'm sure you'll see lots of Guarded next year :) Healthy anger is a good and necessary thing (apparently..I'm not there yet this just sounds like verbatim from Nate's mouth at this point)..

Enjoy your time in PA buddy! For sure coffee Sunday sounds delightful!