July 1, 2010

Day 3....

...involved exploring around the hotel with Matt and Lindsay - since I had gone to bed so early the night before - and relaxing at the hotel pool while we waited for the bus to come get us to take us to the cruise ship (Civitavecchia is Rome's port and it's about an hour away).


Boy do I look like a tourist or what?? I actually had slipped on some nasty, green unknown gunk on the side of the road and it was all over my foot and sandal. I sanitized it as soon as I got back to the hotel in the pool thought so no worries :)By the time we got on the boat (more pics of the boat another day), after going through security (quite the impressive system they have there I must say, Lindsay took a picture but they made her erase it), we went to our rooms, hit the buffet (a definite necessity, I was wayyyy too excited about this), and then got up to the top deck by 5:00 pm in order to see the boat pull away. Crap I just realized I typing boat. It's SHIP not boat - a worker corrected me on this one day - my bad!

2 comments:

Debie said...

Pine trees on the ship?

This is all so fun to read this AM. Thanks for letting me enjoy.

erin said...

ha ha ha nope that's at the pool at the hotel before we went to the ship...

you're welcome...I need to get my butt in gear and post the rest of the days....thanks for reading...