- wondering why I have the abilities I do in counseling others, but am super thankful I do.
- enjoying spending time with my roomie.
- hating reading again.
- trying to catch up on sleep.
- enjoying vegetarian potlucks with Zac.
- missing Jason like crazy.
- disappointed to discover that I can't come home in November because of school :(
- excited that Jason is coming to see me in less than 5 weeks for 10 days - a crying wife on the phone saying "I can't do this" can make anything happen let me tell you... including getting a boss to add on extra vacation time that one doesn't have.
- thinking about Kitty a lot and wishing she could be here with me.
- not eating out as much.
- working on me, and realizing that I am my own boss, not the other million people that surround me.
- trying to slowly make the switch to some organic products.
- breaking through others' expectations of me and it's been sooooo freeing to be angry about this!
- looking ahead and scaring myself at all there is to do between now and May.
- planning a support group for women sexual abuse survivors on campus that Erica and I will be leading together.
- seeing clients and it's been an energizing experience!
- so busy that I haven't even thought about my upcoming Disney trip in December (with that I just remembered that I need to book a flight from Moncton to DC - I'll be home for one week the first of January folks).
- walking to EMU and not driving since it's only about 10 minutes away.
- loving the space that Erica and I live in and can't wait for Jason to see it.
- not wanting to blog.
- trying to do things for me, and realize just how hard that is for me to pull off.
- enjoying coffee way too much.
- frustrated that my jeans are all too tight - I seriously haven't been able to stop eating since the cruise...it was so worth it though!
- nervous about my upcoming trauma training in Baltimore that starts tomorrow.
- wondering what I was thinking signing up for two yoga classes with Erica and Margaret that begin this week.
- thankful to be me overall. Walking down the street, being thankful to be alive, and surrounded by the beauty I am down here is such a wonderful feeling. I'm going in to a profession that touches me, and energizes me in a way that I can't vocalize and that my friends is great success if I do say so myself!
...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
September 12, 2010
Lately I've been....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sucks that you can't come home in November! Are there classes all the way through Thanksgiving?
- vegetarian potlucks with Zac? I want to come!
- I want to see pictures of your space - post some already would'jya?
- enjoying coffee and tight jeans; boy do I relate!
- how was your first trauma training in Baltimore? Do tell!
- good for you with the yoga
- better than awesome for you with all the stuff you're working on and perserving with emotionally. You're a strong woman!
MISS YOU!
Rachel: Yup, well I get one day off, but not both and not my internship site. So I will be down here. It does suck, but at least Jason was able to come down here so major crisis diverted. You're going to have a nice size baby belly the next time I see you!
Mandi: ha ha ha the potlucks have been fun. He only eats meat on weekends, but we (meaning I) have been too busy lately so they've come to an end :(
- pictures, k gotta get on that
- thanks for relating...you had a baby though, I just enjoy desserts :)
- see new post
- thanks for your encouraging words as always! MISS YOU TOO!!!
Post a Comment