March 1, 2010

When in Rome.....

  • take everything in because you may not ever be back
  • be thankful
  • money shouldn't be an issue
  • go to Vatican City, even though you're not Catholic
  • try not to have your jaw dropping every time you turn your head, because there will be some amazing sights and history all around you
  • eat LOTS of yummy Italian goodies
  • try some local wine, even though it will probably taste just as crappy as every other wine you've ever tried....but you're in freaking Italy so you have to try the wine
  • get reconnected with your husband and family

That is my list of reminders for me when I go to Rome in June!!!!! That's right......Jason, myself, my sister, her boyfriend, my dad, and his girlfriend are off to Rome in June. We will be there for two nights, then we will board a Royal Caribbean cruise ship to take part in a 7 night Mediterranean cruise!

Day 1: At sea


Day 2: Sicily, Italy


Day 3: At sea


Day 4: Ephesus, Turkey (I need to read Ephesians people)


Day 5: Athens, Greece


Day 6: Iraklion (Heraklion), Crete (no idea where this even is, but I'm excited)


Day 7: At sea until we get back to Rome


We will then spend two more nights in Rome and head back to Canada......


My dad has been really wanting to do this, and blessed my sister and I (and our significant others) with invitations to join he and Dee. By the end of this semester and my summer classes, I will be ready to spend some time on vacation. I'm so thankful for this, because we all know how much Jason and I love to travel, and there's no way we could ever afford to do that right now because EMU is loving all of our money :) It's going to be hard to not procrastinate and look at all the activities and things we can do in these countries. I may need to leave this piece up to Jason though because I'm just too freaking busy. However, if I do that something tells me we'll end up on the Godfather's tour of Sicily, where they take you to all of the scenes where the Godfather movies were filmed....eek!


This post leads me to one question.....WHO WANTS TROOPER for 2 weeks??? What Asher? Oh you want him....okay :)

8 comments:

Mandi said...

So glad it's finally booked and ACTUALLY HAPPENING! Holy smokes, batman, that's AWESOME! So sweet. I hope you have the time of your lives, and please do drink the wine. Have a few for me too.

And after Asher's reaction to Trooper jumping on him yesterday before the service, I think it's a no deal. Sorry friend :(

mb said...

holy crap, dude. I'm a jealous girl!!

Rachel said...

That's on my list of places to see... make sure you stop by the Coliseum! Crete is a Greek Island with lots of resorts on it but still beautiful. (according to my dream... I mean... travel book)

Erin said...

Mandi: I KNOW....I've been waiting and he booked it today so I decided to post!!!! Now as for this Trooper comment...I was joking but he jumped up on Asher???

MB: I know man, I'm sorry...will you fit in my suitcase??? :)

Rachel: Thanks for the clarification on Crete, I had no idea where it was. That's why we're going to Rome before and after the cruise so that we can see the sights like the coliseum. I'm really exicted to go to Italy, Jason and I have been wanting to go there for a while. I hope you get to go some time!

Trooper's Dad said...

I'm excited that I have to learn how to say "That's what she said!" in Italian, Greek and Turkish...

Just to clear something up Mandi... Trooper was really excited to see a little person but he never touched Asher or you... Asher actually just stood there with a kind of blank look while you told him how frightened he should be and I tried to calm Trooper down...

Mandi said...

Oh dear, I sense something bubbling to the surface with my Trooper comment. So didn't mean to go there... sorry if it came out the wrong way.

Erin I totally knew you were joking, so that's why I tried (and failed) to joke back. Trooper did try to jump on Asher because he was excited, but Jason held him back, so no, because of Jason, he never actually touched either of us.

And Jason, actually what I was saying to Asher, who didn't know what to make of the situation, was that Trooper was excited to see him. I didn't say anything about Asher being scared, just tried to explain what was happening with Trooper.

Sorry if I offended you, friends. I know Trooper is your baby, as Asher is mine, and we are all a little sensitive when it comes to them.

Erin said...

Mandi, thanks for clarifying... I actually called Jason after I read your comment with the tone of "what are you doing letting Trooper jump up on people, especially little boys" so that's how this all got started because I wasn't there to know what happened. Thanks for regognizing, as silly as it seems, that Troo is our baby....very much feels like that most days :) All is well....we still love you and can't wait to see you! AND you never need to worry about me dumping my baby on you ha ha ha

Lindsay said...

http://www.thatswhatshesaidworldwide.com/
All you have to do is buy an iPhone! Yup, there's an app for that! haha

"Be prepared to make a lewd sexual reference no matter what country you happen to be in!"