March 31, 2010

More pics.....

DC..... at a very cool organic/fair trade restaurant called Busboys and Poets. I contacted Susan (christian's girlfriend) to see if she wanted to come out and she did. So below is her, I, and April and then the whole gang....
Pittsburgh....we went to the American Counseling Association Conference for the day and then the awards ceremony at night to claim our prize...
left to right: Tara, me, Zac, Linda, David, Teresa (all profs and Teresa is Christian's aunt), Tom.. the department took us out for a yummy Italian supper! It was some famous chick's restaurant, but I have no idea who because she's not on the Food Network :)
at the awards ceremony that was very fancy....almost had an Oscars feel to it....not that I know what the Oscars feels like, but there was a live band and teleprompters so that's the comparison.. we felt out of place, especially since we had been up for way too long at this point on way too little sleep....Come on Mandi I tried instead of just laughing here....you've got to give me that :)
Not only do I think I look GREAT in this pic :) but I also wanted to give props to this boy. This is Tom. You guys don't see him a lot because he's a busy, introverted boy. However, can I just tell you that without this guy to complain to in A LOT of moments I'd be even more cranky than I am....I know hard to believe eh? We have VERY similar viewpoints and it's so refreshing to me, especially during the tense moments in the ethics project.
Teresa and I are becoming more and more connected, bound to happen since I hang out with her two nephews so much. Linda was beaming at the awards ceremony. This is going to look really good on her resume, important since she has given her notice and will not be returning to EMU next fall :( Although her course loads are always intense so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit relieved. She's taught me loads though, brilliant, brilliant woman!

This was a proud moment for us all. We came first place out of 28 schools, quite impressive for a small little school like EMU.

6 comments:

Debie said...

This was so cool! I'm so glad that you went to receive the honour. :o) Congrats again!

Erin said...

thanks Deb, it was fun being there!

Rachel said...

Hey Erin, it's fun seeing all the pictures, congratulations on winning!

Erin said...

thanks Rachel, it felt good I must say :)

Mandi said...

Ok I'm confused... the DC trip and the Pittsburgh trip, those were 2 separate trips? Or just one trip that you made 2 stops on?

Also, I'll give you 1/2 points on the photo. Your hand is up but your still smiling. We will have to practice goofy photo faces when you are home next.

Erin said...

ha ha ha it was two separate trips about a week apart from each. Pittsburgh is about 4 hours Northwest of here and DC is 2 hours East. You knew that though and were just checking right ;)

Alrighty deal...need to practice...got it! I'll take the 1/2 point though!