March 28, 2010

The ultimate feels....

...sticky, constricting, painful, jagged, sharp, rough,
hurtful, lonely, dividing, hard, dark, confining, and defining.
... like I want to scream, put the brakes on, give up, drop
to my knees and beg for no more. No more images,
flashbacks, freezing torture, memories, and feelings.
...conflictingly so, strangely doable with every breath, even
in those darkest, despairing moments. Even in those
times where I feel like I'm being drug on my knees
by my hair down a path I do not want to travel.
...full of hope. Just like everything else I have conquered,
this too shall pass. This will be my biggest triumph on
this journey of mine thus far. This will make me strong,
wise, healthy, whole, empathic, and connected.
...like I just might not be that alone after all. You are here,
I feel You, and that brings a comfort unlike any other.

2 comments:

Debie said...

I read. I feel. I want you to continue on...

Erin said...

thanks Deb!