March 20, 2010

Week 10.....

  • skipped week 9 while I was home
  • have been crazy busy....the last three days I spent at least 12 hours each day at school, that's ridiculous
  • saw a client in what is going to be my office/counseling room next year...it was so exciting! I felt really grown up and nervous as hell :)
  • made cornmeal muffins today...mmmmmm
  • will be bringing those muffins on our 4.5 hour road trip tomorrow to Pittsburgh. We have to leave the school at 4:30 am...arghhhhhh...then we're there all day and driving back to H'burg that night, I'm thinking this is going to be a 24 hour straight deal....it will be worth it though to get recognized for all of our hard work on that ethics paper
  • am missing home, actually thought a few times this week that I can't do this!!! I can though, I'm not a quitter folks...AND no one said this was going to be easy
  • nice to go to counseling yesterday, although hard
  • am having a busy weekend....I work with Safe Space on campus for my practicum and this weekend on campus they are having "Voice Towards Inclusion" seminars....last night was a guy who came out in the Mennonite church and he shared his story/process, tonight is a play "The Laramie Project" popular novel about a young man who was beat to death for being gay in Wyoming, and Monday night is a panel discussion amongst faculty of EMU about LGBTQ.....so I am required (plus I want to be) at each of these events....I am the counselor at the back in case anyone needs someone to talk to. No one chose to do that last night, however, I'm thinking tonight there will be. Again, this is making me feel grownup :) This is also making me realize that by the time I get home tonight I'm only going to get about 3-4 hours of sleep.....oh boy
  • have a lot of school work to do
  • watched the most confusing presentation of my life this week.....I still don't know what was going on
  • had 2 great chats with 2 great friends last night, it was nice to catch up, laugh, and just be with one another....I've been missing that a lot this semester
  • LOVED the concert that I went to....Michael Franti and Spearhead were the opening act. I had no idea who they were until they played this song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehu3wy4WkHs he was really fun to watch....they had a unique sound and you can just tell he's a genuine nice guy that loves what he does....he was running through the audience and got kids to come up on the stage.....very fun

  • Then John Mayer.....such a talented musician! He played lots of goodies, especially off his new album (so glad Jason and I bought it and listened to it a lot when I was home)... the guy is an ass though, you can just tell in the things he was saying between songs...I was feeling very awkward for him in some moments....regardless though it was worth it and so much fun...Zac and I had great seats.....this pic was not zoomed in from our seats it's JM's staghe before he come out.....this sctreen/net played a movie thing and then opened up to the band
  • yup he was actually playing the guitar on the ground...amazing guitar player!
  • anyways that's my week, lots of counseling stuff, getting caught up, and is no where near done yet....off to do a paper....my editor is taking off for a cruise though, so Jason you may be getting stuck with these duties in her place.....hope everyone is doing fantastic!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I like these little weekly recaps. I feel like I actually get to connect with what's going on in your life. Sounds like a busy week, but good and fun too.

John Mayer, I think he is an ass... did you hear about the interview he did for Playboy Magazine about his sex life with ex-Jessica Simpson? I obviosly didn't read it, but the fact that he did do that, you can tell he's a jerk. Atleast the music was good.

Hope to catch up soon... good luck with Editor in Chief responsibilities Jason... basically when you edit Erin's papers, it's all about the punctuation. Just add some comma's and you'll be fine! :)

Jason said...

Actually the commas were fine in the latest edition... I find sometimes she gets lazy with sentence structure... Also is this now my official job? Why did Mandi get fired? What is my compensation?

Erin said...

Hey Mandi: Glad you like the weekly recaps. It's the best way I can think of to explain my week. I'm sure there's lots I leave out though...I did hear about JM's article. What a guy!

Editors: ha ha ha I love it that you guys are giving each other moral support on this! Good think counseling isn't about being a perfect write :P

Jason: Mandi is going on her cruise in 5 days so you'll be tkaing over...SURPRISE :) So this will be your official job until Easter. As for compensation, you get to further see the depths of intelligence that your wife has. What more could you want? :) ha ha ha