March 29, 2010

Week 11....

  • Jason and I are discussing that he may need to come down for a visit, 13 weeks is just going to be too much!
  • weird hearing my second year friends talk about graduating
  • went to Pittsburgh....was fun...neat city...wish I had more time there...all I know is that it's where Heinz ketchup was invented :) Tara took pics and I'm just waiting to get my hands on those, when I do I'll post them...
  • was up for 24 hours straight, I'm too old for this
  • led 2 groups and saw 3 clients....crazy cool!
  • have been really busy
  • am hoping not to get sick after Erica sneezed on me tonight and she's sick
  • am feeling done and I still have 11 weeks left, oh dear
  • did Yoga in class, I am out of shape...guess I won't be becoming a Yoga therapist any time soon
  • am feeling strangely disconnected from my world and all those I'm close with, weird and I'm sure that's going to come up in counseling this week
  • been learning some fascinating things about the brain in relation to therapy...I need to learn more on this, especially if I want to work with trauma
  • had fun in DC for 3 days, learned lots, felt like I was amongst stars because there were a lot of big names there of people that I hear my profs talk about! Also got to see Claudia Black (does a lot of work with victims of trauma who grew up in addicted homes) she was awesome! Rode the subway, went to Chinatown, and spent way too much money on a hotel....but it was worth it. So good to catch up with April. She's a mom so I don't usually get to do things like this with her. Here are some pics (more to come once I get them from April)....

left to right: Josh, Maria, Laura, Zac (all second year students), me, April

one of Zac's "art" shots that he took while we were walking down the street....look at the crazy, paranoid Canadian who has the death grip on her purse in case someone tries to grab it...I'm not sure what Josh is doing here...he's a big dude, used to play football for UVA on a full scholarship with Michael Vic (was bragging that MV slapped his ass on a few occasions...ha ha ha)

Every afternoon we would screw the system and get coffee at McDonald's as opposed to the expensive hotel coffee. Not fair trade, but neither was the hotel....what are you going to do when you're running on way too little sleep? So this is us in McD's before the coffee fix in case you can't tell :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(I feel disconnected, too...from so many people.... Am I being too honest here?)

Thanks for taking the time to update me. So, glad that you are rockin' it out! And, yes, 13 weeks is waaaaaay too long. Plus, the boy needs some golf. Need I say more. :o)

I am making good use of the crockpot, and am trying to track one down. (I think someone has offer me their second one, or maybe I'm buying it off of them. (?))
But, I'm super stressed about your lid. The first time I used it, I noticed the plastic handle was chipped--next to the glass cover. Here's the question: Was this there before, or did I break it? If I broke it, can I order a new lid, or should I just buy you a new pot? Just let me know which way to go with this. :o(

Erin said...

Hey Deb: Nope not being too honest at all buddy....I hear ya!

Ha ha ha yes he will need golf and wife time...he booked the time today. Although he'll only be here for 5 days it will be better than nothing. I can't wait...4 weeks seems WAY more doable than 10 right now.

Glad the crockpot is working for you. Don't worry about the lid. I have no idea if it was like that or not. Regardless I don't care. Enjoy!

Mandi said...

Dude, I'd love to hear what you're learning on brain science in relation to trauma. That stuff has always super fascinated me. Will I get to read a paper on this at some point?

Erin said...

hmmm nope no paper on that...not this year anyways....who knows for next! I still have lots to learn. I plan on reading a book this summer...I know are you still alive after reading that line? Then I'll be able to tell you lots of goodies!