April 3, 2010

Ain't that the truth.....

"Without a clear connection to our instincts and feelings, we cannot feel our connection and sense of belonging to this earth, to a family, or anything else. Herein lie the roots of trauma. Disconnection from our felt sense of belonging leaves our emotions floundering in a vacuum of loneliness." (Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter Levine)

Amen to feeling more normal thanks to a book I'm reading for my Crisis and Trauma class. Seriously people I have never felt this lonely in my life; it's so consuming and ever present. Doesn't matter how many people are around it's always lurking in the shadows. Yet I am reminded that this too shall pass.....never as quickly as I like though :)

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Erin, I'm glad you know the Truth and that the valley of the shadow of death doesn't last forever. Praying for you, friend.

Erin said...

thanks buddy!