April 12, 2010

It's official.....

This great friend of mine and I are going to be living together starting June 1!!!!!! Yes it means I will need to pay more rent, but a small price to pay for my happiness if you ask me. I'm grateful for Reta (current woman I rent from), but to live with someone my own age (okay, closer to my own age...is that better Yutzky) will be so much more fun. We're looking forward to dinner parties, having friends over, doing girly shit, and of course having lots of alone time in there as well since we'll both be really busy with school next year. This is another first for me. I went from living at home to living with Jason. Jason has informed me that his messy ways have broke me in so Erica shouldn't have a problem. Plus I've been at Erica's apartment now enough to know what I'm getting in to; I'm no fool :)

It was very weird filling out the application form. I'm reminded of just how old and how not from this country I am:
  • I don't have a social security number
  • I can't give him any names of creditors
  • I don't have a bank account so everything will be cash
  • parent's names? really? how about my husband?
  • current landlord? ahhh I own a house...I'm getting the feeling that I'm doing things ass backwards :)
  • references....hmmmm Zac or Trev are the only numbers I have memorized on top of Erica's...but they want 4!!!
  • it has central air...had to get an explanation of what that even meant
  • basically the guy was getting worried I think so said that he'd put Erica in charge...ha ha ha
It's a super cute place.....I'll post pics when we get it in June!!!

9 comments:

Erica Quinn said...

LOL that picture really makes it look like we're getting married. Sorry Jason, I'm taking your woman. ;) This is the email I sent Erin earlier this morning:

"Do you, Erica, promise to love and care for Erin until next April do us part? “I do”"

My favorite line when we were filling out the apartment application was when you said "uhh yea, I'm an illegal immigrant." You don't SAY that in this country! lol

looking forward to this buddy!

Erin said...

ha ha ha it does feel like that a but huh?

Ya, I think I learned my lesson on using that joke...I really thought that's what I was/am though! I'm so confused...

Looking forward to this too friend!

Debie said...

"living together"...

didn't we discuss this somewhere along the way??!

:o)

Erin said...

ha ha ha Debie, I'm sitting in my office and just laughed out loud at your comment. We did talk about this along the way, you're right. I'm going with the "it doesn't count since I'm in another country" excuse. How's that?

Debie said...

hahaha! good one.

P.S. I have a SS number. :o)

Erin said...

you have an SS number??? Oh right you're half and half aren't you? Hmmmm if I come live with you for 6 months can I get one too?

Debie said...

no. but come live with me anyway. guess living together is cool.

Mandi said...

So weird, I totally left a comment yesterday but it didn't show up? I came back to see if you wrote back...

Anyways, I said that that's super awesome news! It's nice to have a fun change to look forward to, and hopefully having a friend around all the time will help with those moments when lonliness hits.

I lived with a couple of girls once, although we weren't as close as it sounds like you and Erica are, and it was good but had some interesting moments. I hope you guys rock it out!

Erin said...

Hey Mandi! Ya Erica said the same thing happened to her yesterday with a comment. I don't know... freaking blogger!

Ha ha ha we are fully aware that there may be some interesting moments as well. We have already said that if worse comes to worse we'll go to Nate together. I learned that that can be REALLY helpful for friendships ;)

It will be nice to have someone around more, besides if she annoys me I'll just ship her off to Seth's :) Seriously though I'm not anticipating too much of an issue...you know me and my confront things head on, so they'll be lots of those mushy conversations. Perhaps you need to prepare Erica with your Erin expertise.

I'm super looking forward to having people over for games/potlucks/fun....