April 22, 2010

The unknown.....

There's a certain safety in the unknown.
It's masked torture.
It pulls and pushes; stings and burns.
Yet it is what it is; unknown, undiscovered, untouched hidden memories.
Hidden memories so deep within.
Tarnished, bruised, cracked, and splintered.
It is from this place though that I begin to wonder.
Wonder what function and duty the unknown continues to serve.
The answer to that question echoes over and over.
Then I feel it.
I feel the calm, soothing, presence of the known.
The reminder that I will be okay.
The reminder that I have survived.
The reminder that I thrive in every aspect of my life, and this one too shall be no different.
There is a safety in the unknown.
Yet the unknown is what it is.
It will continue to be there no matter what.
It will continue to keep me hidden from the world that I so deeply want to embrace.
So I will begin the process of pushing the huge, scary unknown into the spotlight of the known.
All the while recognizing You're here and You're not letting go!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Aaaand now I'm crying. That skit is amazing - so powerful.

Erin said...

I cry every time I watch it too (meaning I've watched it numerous times these last couple of days)... it is really powerful!