April 11, 2010

Weekend events...

Friday night: Margaret's birthday

Love this picture of Trev and I (Lindsay that was mine...I'm trying, still can't do the raw fish crap though!)

Love Erica's face in this pic...this is such an "erica" face....

my regular "clique" right here all together.....we aren't usually all together so this was exciting for me....normally someone is missing because they're in DC, or South Carolina, or at Seth's.. Trev and I are the only steady ones :)

Margaret (green jacket) was feeling REALLY good at this point...so decided to climb over the couch for the next pic as opposed to walking around....

The counselors present that evening left to right, back to front: Erica, Christian, Jennifer, me, Maragaret, and Zac (who is graduating and moving back to SC soon :( )


Saturday night: Middle of nowhere redneck dinner party

Although I was in shock most of the night because of the shotguns going off all around me, cornhole, the dogs that greeted me with deer legs in their mouths, and the random redneck lingo being thrown around I had a blast! Erica, Seth (her boyfriend), myself, Zac, Adam (seth's brother), and Katie were hanging out at Katie's family's cottage. It was beautiful being in the mountains. Jason told me if I heard dueling banjos to get the heck out of there :) This is Zac and Erica by the fire smoking cigars....we had to take a few pics to get what they both wanted... I'm still uncertain as to what exactly that was, and if I accomplished it....

Grabbed Seth on the way to the BBQ with the veggies

Awwwwwwww......

So Katie is an amazing cook.....we had marinated/BBQ shrimp and caramelized onion dip for appetizers, then sugared BBQ salmon, steak with creamed blue cheese sauce, BBQ vegetables, roasted potatoes, and blueberry cobbler for dessert. I was in heaven!!! I don't get meals like this cooked for me normally...it's usually me doing the cooking. I was so THANKFUL to be invited. It did feel really strange that I didn't need to bring anything. Word on the street is that we're doing it again this weekend....oh ya!

4 comments:

Erica Quinn said...

SUCH a fun weekend! Another rendezvous sat night! Welcome to spring in the valley!

Erin said...

LOVIN' it!!!!

Erica Quinn said...

you know you're a redneck when... you replace the -ing ending with -in'

for examples, see Erin's comment.

Erin said...

ha ha ha I didn't even notice I did that....damn you Yutzky!

K seriously I'm way too excited about this living together thing...it's giving me so much to look forward to for next year, no pressure of course :)