- said goodbye to Jason, and that painful moment is still replaying in my mind
- took a different route (other than 95) to head South into Harrisonburg - missed the excitement of NYC, but loved the beauty of New York State and Pennsylvania
- wondered if it ever stops raining in PA
- ate supper in Scarnton, but did not see Dunder Mifflin :(
- had a McD's hot fudge sundae...been a LONG time, and it was still delicious
- struggled with some relationships
- had a two hour counseling session
- lost at Settlers of Catan again
- celebrated our wedding anniversary without Jason
- tried Ellie's (April's daughter) Chocolate Fireworks Cake that she made
- was really thankful for friends who love and support me
- tried to let some stuff go, especially issues that we not really mine to begin with
- said "hi welcome, can I get your last name? I'm Erin and this is Erica and we are counseling interns in the counseling center this year. The counseling center is located right around the corner off the track in the Wellness Suite. Feel free to come talk to us if anything comes up in your life no matter how big or small because as a student you get 8 free sessions. Also just to let you know, I'll be sending you an email in the next month or so just to say hi and check and see how the semester is going." about 200 times and Erica did the same... we better get some clients out of this :) oh and I now have an EMU staff t-shirt which will be filling the new role of a team building exercise night shirt...hee hee hee
- have been having some wonderful dreams - do note sarcasm here please
- was excited to discover that Zac loves Big Brother as much as I do
- missed Erica the one night she wasn't here, and have had to adjust to roommate living... apparently it's weird to ask to use someone's coffee pot?? I don't know...going from daughter to wife to roommate was a little backwards I think
- have been thinking about my good buddies Mandi and Greg a lot and really struggling with not being there for the birth of their newest son Levi Thomas - welcome to the world precious little one, and I look forward to all of the wonderful things that Jason will teach you :)
- have thought about Troopie, Kitty, and Alpine a lot!
- paid EMU way too much money
- have been impressed with my little car
- made a commitment to walk to EMU every time I need to go (it's only about 10 minutes but every little bit counts)
- am trying to buy local and organic....see I figure if I start it while I'm down here and things are cheaper it won't be so bad when I move back there to make the adjustment
- realized how much I missed Harrisonburg and all its beauty and people
- wished I had a church to go to on Sunday that I liked and wondered if the Pool could temporarily relocate
- have been trying to enjoy my last few days of freedom before the insanity of my last year of grad school begins...Erica said it feels like there's a great storm in the distance that we know is coming and there's nothing we can do about it, and I have to say that's exactly how I feel....orientation is on Monday....here I go head first!!!
...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
August 29, 2010
This week I....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This was such a fun update to read. A real mix of joyful awesomeness happening and tough stuff. Funny how life is like that, huh? Same deal in my world right now, friend. Let's catch up, ok? xo
Post a Comment