Is this the never ending trip or what? It was quite fabulous I must say :)
So day 8 found us in Heraklion, Crete. Crete is the second largest Greek island. Now I'm not going to lie here. I do have pictures of Crete, but I didn't take any. We all got off the boat dressed in beach gear - because we heard there were great beaches in the area and sticking our feet in the Mediterranean Sea was appealing to us all - but decided not to go when we found out that it was going to cost over $100 for 6 of us to take a cab there and back. Matt and Lindsay decided to go explore, and the rest of us decided that a day relaxing by the pool was just what we needed. So we visited a local shop - where I bought the best olive oil ever made on the island - and headed back to the ship.
Day 9 was our last day on the boat. We spent it on the sea heading back to Rome. The whole time we were on the cruise I kept saying to Jason that I never felt like I was on a boat. I said that it would be fun to get a storm and feel it rocking just to see what it was like. Well did I get was I was asking for. There was a big storm in the distance that the captain was trying to avoid, and he did, but we were getting some waves from it. Oh and by waves I mean there were times at about 2 o'clock in the morning where I needed to hold onto the bed or I was going to roll onto the floor. I seriously thought I was going to die people, and I was quite nauseous. We had to take the hangers out of our closet because they were banging so much. It was ridiculous! While I laid awake scared and picturing nothing but the scene from Titanic where the couple was laying in bed holding each other and the room was filling up with water - because I was sure this is where my life was headed next - someone else laid beside me snoring away. Apparently everyone else slept fine too I found out the next morning at breakfast. Oh well, just a few more years off my life due to stress chemicals pumping through my body at unbelievable rates :) What am I missing the most from the cruise?? Their oatmeal. Yup that's right, oatmeal. I have no idea how they made it the perfect texture, but they did. I keep trying and one of these days I'm going to get it right! Anyone got a good recipe? I hate thick oatmeal.
One more poston the trip and then it will be real time upodate for everyone. THanks for sticking wiht this...
6 comments:
Oatmeal???? Really??? Out of all that, it's the best you could come up with? Now I know I don't need to go on a cruise if the most wonderful thing was oatmeal. Thank you for saving me money. LOL.
I know I know...I can't help it... it was soooooo good! K, how about my most favorite food that I craved on the ship was oatmeal? To be fair to cruises everywhere it is my new obsession and I crave it at home as well :) Go on a cruise some day you'll love, but make sure you try the oatmeal! ha ha ha
Yay for an update! (I know, I should talk I haven't updated mine since St. Patrick's Day) It still sounds like so much fun and I'm glad you got to go.
Ok... I laughed out loud about the Titantic scene...Chris would have slept too..try putting a pinch of salt in your oatmeal...it makes a world of difference. ML
thanks Rachel, I'm glad I got to go too!
ML: ha ha glad I made you laugh... it's so funny now but it certainly wasn't then! I'm trying to salt thing...thanks!
Post a Comment