November 4, 2009

ACA ethics competition....

So you are now reading the blog of one of the 4 members of the ACA (American Counseling Association) Ethics Competition Team. Basically what that means is four of us were chosen by the faculty (through a selection process of people who suggested that they were interested from first and second year students) to represent EMU. ACA puts out a case study and Masters level students from qualifying universities pick it apart and come up with the best way ethically to handle the situation.

This gives me no extra credit, other than it will look awesome on my resume and it's REALLY important to me that I learn as much about ethics as possible. So do I have time for this right now (it has to be submitted on Dec. 13), heck no! However, will this give me more experience than headaches over the next couple of weeks? That's what I'm hoping for!

I'm super excited. I signed up thinking that i wouldn't get chosen for the process if I'm honest. So I didn't tell anyone, not even Jason. When I got the email though saying that I had gotten picked I was pumped and scared too :)

So here's hoping that we place!!!!

4 comments:

Debie said...

That's great that it will be over before Christmas break. I was feeling bad that you'd have to work extra over that time with Jason. But, I am sorry that you'll be super stressed before then.

You're going to rock it out! No worries!

Mandi said...

Cool! Congrats and good luck! Will this get you bonus marks in your PIFE class?? :)

Erin said...

Ha ha ha nope no bonus marks... just bonus work in my mind for processing ethical decisions because I'll run into a lot of them.

Thanks ladies, I'm excited about the opportunity. We had our first meeting today. It's going to be A LOT of work!

Erin said...

thanks Mel!