August 15, 2010

Current struggle...

Remember my post about the residue? Well here is a quote that sums my current stuck point VERY well! Thanks to all of your love, support, and encouragement. I know some of you are benefiting from my posts, and can relate. I'm sad that that is the case for you, but I'm also thanking you for this great gift. It can be a dark, lonely road on this path. So the gift you have given me is to give a voice to what I'm going through, because I don't know where I'd be without the stories and support of those who have gone before me - just passing the torch here folks :)

"The child who expresses feelings that her family cannot afford to face is the enemy in that family's view of what it needs to survive. They treat her as if it's "her or them", and she believes it. Sadly the adult that she becomes often treats the child inside with the same disregard and repressive attitudes that the adults that surrounded her did." E. Sue Blum

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey friend, I'm so glad that you are not feeling alone in this process. That is such a gift!

Interesting quote - I can definitely see how this could be true for many people. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

hey hey...thanks for your kind words!

Debie said...

I see in this, a taste of my experience.

Keep fighting. You are incredible.

Erin said...

thanks for your words Deb...they hit me at a deep place that brought tears to my eyes...in fact you're the second person in the last 24 hours to say this...boy does He know what I need to hear or what :)