September 2, 2009

Orientation....

So I just ate supper and I'm coming down off my high and realized that I was supposed to post this first. Whoops :)

On Monday we had orientation. That was interesting and good to get to know some faces that I will be spending loads of time with over the next couple of years. We did lots of stuff. However the thing that I thought was funny and that I wanted to share with all of you was my Personality Spectrum Profile (basically Myers Briggs test results). I was the only one in the room with a freaking perfect score in an area. Guess what it was? Organizer!!! Shocker :) Giver was second so that made me feel better because who wants an crazy, anal counsellor. Here are my results for organizer:
1. Personal Strengths: You value the traditional family and support social structures. You never take responsibility lightly. You have a strong sense of history, culture, and dignity. You value order and predictability (this would explain my anger with Jason when he changed our travel plans on the way to Virginia... see honey I can't help it). You dislike disobedience and nonconformity. You value loyalty and obligation.

2. Work/School: You enjoy work that requires detailed planning and follow through. You prefer to have tasks defined in concrete terms. You need a well-structured, stable environment, free form abrupt changes. You feel appreciated when you are praised for neatness, organization and efficiency. You like frequent feedback so you know you are on the right track.

3. Relationships: You do best in relationships that provide for your need of security, stability, and structure. You appreciate it when dates that are important to you are remembered by others (I never thought of this before however it's so true....good thing none of my buddies wished me a happy anniversary :P... ha ha ha...seriously though since this is so important to me why don't I do that for others? I never remember important dates for others).

Okay so here's my thoughts on this. Do I agree with it? For the most part. However there are definitely things in here that I don't think are true, which is weird to me since I got a perfect score. I would LOVE some feedback from you of your thoughts on this in relation to yours truly.

K, I need to go do homework now and stop procrastinating! However I'll need a break so start posting some comments people that I can respond to. This being an extrovert and being alone a lot is quite strange I must say. Oh and by the way when you leave a comment I always try to respond with a comment! K bye :)

2 comments:

Mandi said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!! (does that count??? Frig!)

Some of this does sound like the you I know... "You enjoy work that requires detailed planning and follow through. You prefer tasks defined in concrete terms"... "You never take responsibility lightly". A lot of the other stuff seems like you, just not to the extent it's saying. I wouldn't say you have a strong sense of history, culture, and dignity. I mean, I can see how some of that's important to you and plays out, but I wouldn't consider you any stronger in that than anyone else.

That's my feedback, but the title of Organizer certainly seems to fit.

How did others respond to you getting a perfect score in this area? What parts do you agree/disagree with?

This was fun to read!

Erin said...

ha ha ha oh no that so doesn't count!

Glad you liked reading about me. I felt the exact same way you did!

Others in the class were joking that my husband will love the break from the house needing to be organized :)