November 23, 2009

Canada adventures....

So I'm home!!!! I came home to surprise Jason for his birthday. It was perfect, he had no idea. Mandi picked me up at the airport and we went to the restaurant for his birthday party. Poor guys was trembling when I hugged him, so cute.

Anyways some thoughts on my travels back to Canada:
-getting up at 3:00 am to catch a 8:51 am flight is still freaking insane to me....why do people live in big cities? in fact, why did I used to want to live in a big city?
-lots of people love me and were offering to drive me to the airport, I feel blessed...Christian was the lucky winner.....he wasn't so chatty when I got there at 4:00 am to pick him up
-there was actually traffic this early in the morning in DC??? again why do people do this?
-I threw a yogurt in my purse before I left my house and forgot about it....had to get my bags checked because of this stupid yogurt, which had to get thrown out....gotta watch out for those explosive yogurt containers
-I'm really liking Dunkin Donuts coffee....way better than Tim Horton's ....although not so fair trade....what are you going to do in an airport though
-when I finally got on the plane to head to Montreal I was sitting in the second last row, there was no one beside me but there were 2 guys across from me....the stewardess asked us to move to the front of the plane because "for this aircraft we need as much weight as possible in the front to offset things"......hmmmm here are my thoughts on that: 1. am I that fat? ha ha ha 2. I don't think I want to fly on a plane where a few hundreds pounds could screw up the whole flight... sheesh
-only restaurant in the crappy terminal I ended up in Montreal was horrible....got a roast beef sandwich and a bottle of water for 13 dollars....what a deal!
-decided to try to get some sleep on the benches since I had a two hour wait.... that was an experience....if it wasn't the announcements that woke me up just as I dozed off it was the creep man eyes that I could feel starring at me....seriously?
-it was so great to see Mandi at the airport....my body was bursting with joy as I walked towards her car...I held it together fine until she hugged me and wouldn't let go when I tried to pull away... freaking brat
-all in all I'm happy to be home and it was worth all the craziness to get here

I will be taking a blogging break while I'm here.....look for something new the middle of next week or so. I'm going to be a busy girl. There's only 4 weeks of this semester left. Where did the time go? Hope everyone is doing well and I hope to get to see you all while I'm home. I've got one happy husband, puppy, and kitty here let me tell you....

5 comments:

Erica Quinn said...

I'm glad you made it home and are enjoying good ol' Canada!

I must say it's really weird to read your blog not already knowing what's happened and not being there for it. I'm sure that's how Jason and Mandy feel all the time??

Good to hear you surprised Jason!! that's amazing you pulled that off.. did you already tell him all of your 'almost blew it' situations?

- the fact that the security had to check your bags because of the yogurt is hilarious, simply because I know you were afraid of that happening... ;)

About the blogging break, I don't think so bone choker. There are others across the world that are waiting anxiously to hear a life update from you. Just kidding, but seriously it's fun to hear about your Canada excursions.

Debie said...

yay! it was fun to be with you at that moment!

Erin said...

Erica: ha ha you've made a good point there I'm sure that's how they feel when reading my blog...
Ya I filled him in on all the "almost blew it" moments. He was impressed that I could pull this off and was shocked to hear about all of the people that knew. I'll give you more details in person. Ha ha ha I put the security check in there specifically for you :) Thanks again for doing that for me Thursday night! More on that later as well....

You're just going to call me a bone choker on my blog like that? Nice :) Look I love you but you're the only one who reads this thing from down there so how about a good old phone conversation? :)

Deb: I'm thankful you were there for that moment!

mel said...

Yay! What a GREAT birthday surprise!

Mandi said...

And some happy friends too! :)

That moment with Jason's face was one to remember. So glad it worked out.