Have you ever peeled apart a rose? Each petal makes you think you're getting closer and closer to the center. Although you're excited to get to the middle to discover what's there, there is a sense of guilt and loss with each petal you rip off and toss aside. Therefore it's a bittersweet experience. On the one hand, there's the exciting anticipation of what's to come. On the other, there's something to be felt, a sense of mourning almost, for the layers being stripped away and taken from their duty to protect the hidden beauty within. Then there's always the question, what if the anticipated excitement isn't so exciting after all and you're disappointed when you reach the center?...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
November 14, 2009
Processing.....
Have you ever peeled apart a rose? Each petal makes you think you're getting closer and closer to the center. Although you're excited to get to the middle to discover what's there, there is a sense of guilt and loss with each petal you rip off and toss aside. Therefore it's a bittersweet experience. On the one hand, there's the exciting anticipation of what's to come. On the other, there's something to be felt, a sense of mourning almost, for the layers being stripped away and taken from their duty to protect the hidden beauty within. Then there's always the question, what if the anticipated excitement isn't so exciting after all and you're disappointed when you reach the center?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW!!! Who knew you were so poetic??
that picture is beautiful...and so is your processing. even when it is difficult...
Hey Erin, it's not quite the same, but I often feel that way about a trip or an exciting event... I don't want the anticipation to end because that's half the fun. But then I realized something... I'll always have the memories, and that's something.
It's just like Miley said after all huh? Ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other siii-iiiiide, it's the climb.
Thanks for sharing your journey, friend.
Nicely written dear... Mandi, did you really just quote Hannah Montana???
MB: ha ha I hardly call it poetry, but thanks! Just spoke from the place I was at...
Deb: I like that picture as well, I don't know what it is about a rose but I love them! Thanks for the compliment!
Mandi: That is a good comparison. See that's why you should just keep vacationing at the same spot every six months...ha ha ha It is about the climb, which I'm tired of doing some days, and this was one of those moments.
Jason: thanks, she most certainly did!
Post a Comment