- holy crap it's week 10 already
- only one more midterm
- realizing that I'm always expecting the negative in a situation can be a tough pill to swallow, however now that I've realized it it makes me laugh when I catch myself doing it yet again....realization is the first step to correction apparently :)
- I love Greenberry's (coffee shop I go to to focus)
- I'm all done with my United States of Tara episodes and this makes me sad...new episodes start in January...woo hoo! Did you know that Steven Spielberg and Diablo Cody (writer of Juno) are the producers of the show?
- got an email on signs that your cat may be grieving, Kitty has them all except one :(
- Trooper is loving his kennel and has not ate his poop or messed in his new home in over a week which = happy Papa
- Jason's off to Ottawa, that puts him a lot bit closer to me....only 9 hours instead of 19
- both of my roommates are sick and that scares me because I don't want it
- played Cranium
- got back 2 midterms.... 29/30 on one and 99/100 on the other....OH YA!
- have to write a big research paper that I've been putting off for far too long
- had my first Ethics team meeting, this is going to be a lot of work
- am thankful to have wonderful friends in 2 different countries, I'm a lucky girl!
- debating whether or not to get the H1N1 shot on Monday...any suggestions?
...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
November 7, 2009
Week 10...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Hey Erin, I'm still praying for you on Fridays. (or other days that I think about it) So far, there haven't been any weird reactions to the H1N1 shot but we are still waiting a year to start that.
We had the problem of one of our dogs eating his poo and we were told to feed him pineapple juice, we tried it and it worked.
Hey, I focus better at a certain coffee shop too, even though I'm an introvert. I've been trying to figure it out... why do you think it works for you?
Oh, and hadn't heard of United States of Tara, but Diablo Cody + Toni Collette = yes.
yes! Get your shot! What are your reasons for not wanting it? You have to be more specific. Did you find out if it's the nasal spray? That would be even better because you wouldn't have a sore arm.
Rachel: Hey! Thanks for the prayers friend. Also thanks fo rthe tip on the pineapple juice. There are a lot of theories out there and then one seems to be working. If not though I'll tell Jason to get to the grocery store :)
Mel: Hey! See that's funny I said I focus better at a coffee shop because I'm an extrovert. Hmmm but you're an introvert so it must not be that. I like to take A LOT of breaks when I'm studying/doing an assignment (I've self-diagnosed myself...since I'm able to do that now... with ADHD ha ha). So in the coffee shop I'm able to take quick breaks by looking around at something interesting, chatting with others, enjoying a yummy drink, etc. I don't know. I'll think about that and if I come up with anything else I'll let you know :) OH MAN...you NEED to watch that show!!!! If you do let me know please...
Lindsay: Hey you! Ha ha I knew you would say that if you read my blog. It is the nasal spray. If i get it do you want me to video it for you :) ha ha I don't know it just seems dangerous to put something live like that in your body. Hmmmm I'm still on the fence. Maybe I need to call you to get further info!
Well, I know the Canadian vaccine is the killed virus, not sure about the US vaccine. So maybe you should wait to get it up here if that's what you don't like about it. But it's not dangerous either way. If it's live, it's attenuated - meaning they weaken the virus so it can't cause the infection. It's just enough to stimulate your immune system to develop antibodies against it. These antibodies stay in your system so that the next time you encounter the virus out in the public, they immediately go to work to fight it off.
Also, you're not only protecting yourself, but those around you who are immunocompromised....
I could go on and on!! haha
ha ha ha wow I'm glad you explained some of those words in your comment. That's impressive nurse Lindsay!
Right now I'm leaning on the "way until I get to Canada" side of the fence. However we'll see what tomorrow brings. The clinic is tomorrow afternoon so if I get back from DC in time I just may end up there. Otherwise I'll come see you at Christmas for a needle :)
Erin I must say - I love these posts where you number all the things you've learned that week! Oh, and thanks for posting your grades again. ;)
Focusing.. at Greenberrys? ha ha ha
Just wanted to post some encouragement - even though I give you enough through emails. I know these next few weeks are going to be our busy lives in fast forward, but you can do it!! One paper at a time.. don't even look at the whole mound we have.. you'll have a heart attack for sure (and then you'll have to go back to Canada with your free health care!)
Have 'fun' tomorrow with the lobotomy tools!!
Jason - did you see/meet the prince??
We all got the shot and sore arms 10 days ago...worth it, if you ask me. Sore arms only lasted 3 days. I feel very blessed to be in a place where we can receive the things we even perceive that we need. I'm grateful.
(The boys' pediatrician sent a letter to us at the end of September advising us to get it done due to the boys being at risk because of asthma.)
Nah... They would never let a simple peasant like myself anywhere near the Prince... I just find it interesting that here in Canada these dignitaries come and stay where normal people stay and I can walk up the street and be 10 feet away from our nation's leader when he goes from his office to his car... You'd never get that close to Obama... Without donating thousands of dollars to the Dems that is...
Erica: I think you like them mainly because you've been involved in the events or you get to know my marks :) I wonder if i'll be so quick to post my marks when I suck out? ha ha ha Dude we do some focusing at Greenberry's don't we? I got 8 chapters read last time I was there, mind you the rest of you yahoos werne't there either. Hmmmmm (this is me trying to remember all of the encouraging emails I get ha ha) Thanks buddy! What I got form that is that you don't want me to get overwhelmed and need to move back to Canada because you'll miss me :)
Debie: I have decided that I will wait and hope they still have shots when I'm home at Christmas, because it's a live virus here and it's done through the nose. Just seems weird. My sister is going to kill me :) Glad you guys all had yours!
Jason: nice dig there against the americans...don't worry there's only one reading this and she probably can't decode what you wrote...ha ha ha just kidding Erica!
hahahahaha, Jason! Exactly.
Watched the first episode. (^_^)
Post a Comment