SNOW!!!!! Check this out:
WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ACROSS THE CENTRAL AND NORTHERN SHENANDOAH VALLEY JUST BEFORE SUNRISE SATURDAY MORNING. SNOW WILL BECOME MODERATE TO HEAVY DURING THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON HOURS WHICH MAY REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF EARLY IN THE EVENING. SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 4 TO 6 INCHES ARE EXPECTED FOR AREAS ALONG AND WEST OF THE BLUE RIDGE. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO FALL INTO THE LOWER 30S DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS. THIS WILL LEAD TO SLIPPERY ROADS. A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING.
So I'm going to bed and should wake up to a beautiful wonderland outside. How awesome is it that all of my American friends are getting snowed on before my home friends do??? That's Canada getting back at them for making fun of it so much!!!
Anyone else laugh that they actually explained in the last line what a winter storm warning was??? Too funny. The woman I lived with said the most she's seen here in the past few years was a couple of inches. How exciting!!!!!
I'm staying in tomorrow to write a paper and do laundry, seems like a perfect day for that if you ask me. I can only imagine how much people must freak out in this weather down here. Plus my LA buddy has to be at work for 4 and I don't want to be on the road when he is....eek :)
4 comments:
man you make us sound like wimps! my four wheel drive and I handled the roads quite gracefully today. Glad you can feel at home today :)
the fact that you said you need to use your four wheel drive in a storm like this says a lot to us my dear! You should take my little beauty out for a drive :) ha ha ha Actually I'm a shitty winter driver. I get way too nervous since I've been in 2 accidents now so I'll call you if I need to go anywhere today...ha ha ha
Guess you sent it our way. Mac says "Thank you." Actually, he prayed for snow last night before bed. :o)
aw you're welcome Mac....you know you may get another one...perhaps that storm we had is headed your way next!
Post a Comment