- got home 7 hours later than I was supposed to yesterday...my plane was delayed getting to Moncton so I missed my flight in Montreal.... THEN because of weather the later flight that I got bumped to was postponed another 1.5 hours.
- thankful I could call my husband complaining and teary and that he felt the same way about the nasty Air Canada workers that I did
- also SUPER thankful for Christian....first plan was to pick me up at 4:00, then 8:00, then 9:00, then 10:30....good thing his girlfriend lives in DC and he was happy to hang out with her...what a great friend I have
- note to self do not plan a meeting at 8:30 am for an intense group project when you fly the day before just in case
- note to self #2 do not schedule another intense meeting right after your 2 hour 8:30 meeting when you fly the day before
- needless to say I needed a freaking nap when I got home from school this afternoon....I don't function well on 5 hours of sleep
- thankful one of my roommate's made lemon pound cake and is willing to share
- only 3 of each class left and then the semester is done
- have a 20 minute presentation to do tomorrow that I'm a little stressed about...I have to do it three times because of this rotating group system that she has....hopefully by the third time I'll have it mastered :)
- bought good old Canadian icy squares at the Bulk Barn on the way to the airport for my presentation...I enjoy bringing them back Canadian goodies
- texted Trevor while in Montreal airport asking him to pick me up a half gallon of skim milk so I could have breakfast in the morning because I knew I had cereal in the cupboard... come to find out it's not called skim milk so both he and Christian had to figure out what I meant...from now on it's "nonfat milk" ha ha ha seriously it's like I speak another language
- my dad may be buying one massive, awesome house in Florida....looking forward to staying at that sucker (hint hint) ha ha ha
- thankful to be back and get back into the school work that causes me some anxiety at times...missing home though.....there's just something about being in my house with my stuff and my family that brings a calmness to the soul
- looking forward to hanging out with my Harrisonburg buddies this weekend....there's even talk of partying it up in DC when classes are done before I come home....this is exciting!
- speaking of home...missing it and thankful I'll be back in 18 days...sheesh I'm getting spoiled this semester with the amounts of time I've been home...next semester is going to be a reality check since I don't have as much time off
- k I need to stop procrastinating and prepare for my presentation for tomorrow
...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
December 1, 2009
Update....
Point form seems to be working for my brain so.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm happy to hear from you, and that you arrived...eventually. I, too, am procrastinating tonight. I don't want to do laundry or dishes. urumph...so there. but, alas, I have that little one arriving in the morning, so I don't have a choice.
18 days! that actually sounds doable. I'll be praying for that presentation...hopefully, I'll be reminded of it tomorrow.
oh, and at least you said a half-gallon...otherwise you would have been screwed. (TWSS!)
night blessings to you.
Wow, I just typed out a whole comment and then my lovely husband took the internet down as I was about th post it and it's lost. FRIG!
Ok, glad you're home safe and sound. I was wondering about that yesterday. You have some good friends, so not sure I'd wait 7 hours for you. JUST KIDDING!
The milk story is a funny one, except I can tell the American's are also rubbing off on you. You got it right with the skim milk bit, but a half gallon???!?! Erin! You should have said a 1-litre to confuse the boys even more.
Icy squares = YUM! I'd like to go eat some except Jason already ate all mine. Brat.
Deb: Hey! ha ha ha love the TWSS code :)thanks for the prayers and glad I could help you procrastinate by reading my ramblings.
Mandi: Hey! That sucks about the internet...freaking Greg :) Ya Jason did eat those on you, sorry. I think I'm the only one in the world that doesn't care for those things.
Mandi... The lesson is if you don't want someone to eat it, don't put it out on the table. End of story. Also, could you put more out for Thursday night small group... Thanks.
Post a Comment