...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
February 7, 2010
2 hours later...
Can I just tell you how thankful I am for the woman I rent from? I went outside today to shovel out my car, and I literally wanted to start bawling; the task at hand seemed way too big. I knew it wouldn't help any though, so I just started shovelling. Not too long after, Reta came out and saved the day. It was much better having someone help me, and working together to accomplish what we felt like a great victory in the end. As you'll see from the pictures below there was way too much snow. I decided to shovel out the front to the driveway and pull forward. After lots of digging it worked thankfully!!!
Do you see how far from the driveway I parked my car? STUPID!! Lesson learned...and look how far in we had to shovel to get to the door... do you feel bad for me yet?
This was a happy moment!!!! Next time I'm calling Erica's boyfriend and using his connections. Actually let me rephrase that there better not be a next time!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It doesn't look really cold, was the snow melting as you shoveled? Where did you get the shovel if they aren't usually prepared for this? I hope your week is a better one this week.
No it wasn't cold thankfully. The sun was quite strong so it was melting the snow, not enough though that I dind't need to shovel unfortunately :) Thankfully the woman I live with used to live in Chicago so she's prepared for this stuff. AND with the winter we've had I'm guessing most people around here now are proud owners of shovels. In fact the guy next door has a snowblower. I was shocked! Not sure where he was today though :)
Good work!!! Now when you come home I'll teach you how to use the snowblower so that you can go next door and ask to borrow that guy's...
the best part is - we're getting another 5-8 inches on tues/wednesday!!! (who knows how much that is is cm's!)
Jason: Nice one funny guy :) "that isn't that much snow" grrrrrr
Erica: seriously I'm going back to Canada. I'd rather take the cold than all of this! You are no longer allowed to make fun of the weather we have my dear... BTW that's about 20 cm's
Whoa, you can totally park your car on the road overnight? So weird. Glad you had help to shovel out... that's totally your love language huh? Not sure I would have offered to do the same, friend. I'll just send you a present instead :)
Mandi: ha ha ha ya you wouldn't have helped...I know...heavy sigh :) ha ha ha Yup you can park your car on the road. Normally this woulnd't be a problem because they dont get snow!
Post a Comment