Few quick updates:
Had another storm here on Saturday, got 30 centimetres of snow. Seriously what the heck is going on? I came 19 hours south of my home, this shouldn't be happening. If I hear one person say "this is so weird, we never have winters like this", I'm going to start to think it's because I'm living here. Oh and as I type this....there's another 15 centimetres falling right now. Oh and it gets better....more coming this weekend. At least the Honda is happy, I think it misses the winter driving and it's owner of the past 10 years. So honey feel free to trade me cars whenever k?
Been getting lots of recognition with the ethics win. I'm having a hard time with this, I just want it to be done. Okay we won, but look at how great everyone else is doing too! They had a pizza and ice cream cake party for us last week. One of my profs decided to make us hats and give us compasses for "leading the way in ethics". Here are a couple blurry pictures of that event:

(left to right top pic: Prof Linda Leitch-Alford...she teaches the ethics class...Zac...my second year buddy, we're off to celebrate his birthday this weekend and I'll be bringing my camera let me tell you because Zac and Trev together=hilarious....Tara, Tom, and yours truly)
I'm, as I've said a few times now, emotionally done and I'm only 3 weeks in to the semester. Besides the normal draining classes, missing Jason and home, and doing my personal weekly counseling sessions this semester has added a lot more goodies. So on top of all that I just mentioned, I also have a weekly one hour group counseling session with half of my class (the shit is going to hit the fan let me tell you....drama, drama, drama, and I can't wait), one hour mini counseling session where we are in small groups of three and we work on "light" personal things, and a three hour weekly practicing group of 4 where we again work on "light" things. Do you know how hard it is to pick something that isn't going to be heavy, that isn't connected to your current process in counseling, and that is something you want your counseling peers to know about you (because I'm not in groups with Erica, Christian, or April)? It's quite hard let me tell you. Last week for my 3 hour meeting I picked what I thought was a "light" issue and it turned into a complete emotional mess by the time I was done. The poor girl who got stuck to be my counselor (basically we rotate through where one is the counselor, one the client, and two observers), handled it beautifully but it was out of her experience level. I realized halfway through and didn't know what to do because I was already in it. Sheesh....I should start making stuff up or working on stuff I already know I've dealt with :)
Hmmmm I think that's all I've got for you right now. Got a huge sexual assault presentation coming up in a week that I haven't even begun so that will be my world next weekend. How fun.. ha ha ha. Thankfully I've got two nights of fun planned as well to offset all the intensity. Life is good, but it will be even better in 31 days because I'll be home with my boys!
4 comments:
you have a lot going on. I'm glad your getting snow, though. I would be WAY mad if it were all hot and gorgeous down there (that's what he said)
HA HA HA oh MB that could quite possibly be one of the best that's what he said's I've ever heard!!!!
Brat! Glad I'm getting snow huh? It used to be hot and delighful down here...I don't know what happened! Next degree I'm going to Orlando...
can I just comment and say how proud I am that you were a champ and actually WORE the silly hat??? totally blew my mind. this goes against everything I know about you.. good for you!
ha ha ha I know Erica I have issues with that.... I did wear that freaking hat for most of the afternoon didn't I? Thanks for being proud of me :)
Post a Comment