- wow it's week 5 already...no wonder I want to go home
- had another tear jerker exercise in my Human Growth and Development class
- taught the Californian that you need to bang off your wipers, otherwise the ice will melt while your wipers are going and you won't be able to see "Erin what's this gel that keeps appearing on my window"
- got tickets to the Vagina Monologues, I've always wanted to see this play
- school shouldn't have been cancelled, we only got about 10 cm's of snow
- really liked "He's Just Not that Into You" and "The Proposal"
- have been feeling really lonely, all the storms aren't helping this
- registered for the DC conference.....exciting
- met one of my friend's wives who came to visit.....she lives in South Carolina, so Jason and I aren't the only crazy people doing this
- got stuck on my road because it's literally one big sheet of ice
- am feeling overwhelmed at times.....am I ready for this? can I do this?
- got involved in a crazy ethical dilemma, hated that it happened, but loved that I got to use some of my skills
- am feeling nervous about starting my group for young gay men next week
- will be starting another support group for adult children of alcoholics with EMU students soon
- haven't understood people sometimes and it sucks.... and I need to learn to watch my freaking mouth....story of my life :)
- my grandfather celebrated his 78th birthday
- am jealous that another classmate is going to disney world this weekend
- need a vacation
- might be going to Baltimore for a dissociative identity disorder workshop
- want Trooper to stop going to the bathroom in my house....seriously, he's going to be a year old in 2 weeks....what are we doing wrong????? freaking Shih Tzus
- got to color a little mermaid picture in class and diagnose her and other disney characters... it was fun....didn't help my "I want to go to Disney again" dream though
- am trying not to be cranky, I really really am but it's just soooooo hard sometimes
- made a classmate cry when we had to break into pairs and share our responses to questions about our middle adolescent years.... it's amazing I'm not more messed up than I am people :)
- hoping my readers don't mind my honesty in my posts....it's not all roses down here and I'd hate to paint the picture that is....in fact this semester has been one of the hardest periods of my life I think...."your clients will only go as far as you've gone yourself" interesting thought huh?
- am looking forward to coming back home in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!
...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
February 11, 2010
Week 5....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It scares me that I didn't already know about half of those comments. Goes to show just how much we're hanging out these days! These counseling groups sure separate us - think the profs did this on purpose!?
1. ethical dilemma? 2. who'd you word vomit to this time? 3. You're going to DID workshop?? FUN!
good to catch up with you over blog, friend. :) we'll get together over coffee or a movie sometime this weekend - deal?
honesty is awesome!
my mom thought that the Little Mermaid story was horrible. I thought differently. I wonder what your diagnosis was...
I really liked 'The Proposal', too. I wished I saw the other one.
3 weeks...wow! time is flying. Hope you can get everything done. it sounds like you are busy with extras, too.
and,...it's hard to miss a Grammie.... ((hugs))
Hey friend, I can't wait to catch up with that phone date. Sounds like week 5 has been busy.
An ACOA group huh? How'd this come to be?
You and Jason should just take a quick vacation to Disney - do it!
Can't wait til you come home in 3 weeks! Still waiting for the details...
Lots of love to you, sister.
Erica: Well it just shows what an aweosme friend you're not...ha ha ha KIDDING! We've been busy, and you're right being in ALL seperate groups isn't helping that. !. you know about this, 2. I word vomitted about someone, 3. DID workshop is something Z and I are doing--> Annmarie suggested it. I'd be up for coffee or a movie just let me know when!
Debie:
So I'm curisous as to why your mom thought it was horrible? See I always am drawn to the Little Mermaid because it is a positive childhood memory for me. I loved that movie. I said that she was a strong girl, who had a deviant streak that I could connect with. She didn't want to settle. She had dreams and goals in mind and she kept pushing until she got what she want because she knew that she could be better and more than what everyone was telling her she could be. She just had this passion that no one understood. Now, also recognizing that selling your voice to a witch might not be the best way :) I am busy with extras. I'm so looking forward to going home though....and games ;) Thanks for the virtual hug!
Mandi: looking forward to catching up too! Just wanting more hours for practicum, and there's a need on campus. Unfortunately/fortunately :) I happen to be an expert in this area ha ha ha Ya we can't afford the Disney vacation...perhaps next year...sigh! Right, I need to get that info to you...thanks for the reminder. Looking forward to seeing you too buddy!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
also wishing and hoping for Disney. It's awful how it gets in your blood. they must put something in the water.
agreed MB, there's something that they do to make you ocming back for more....I haven't quite figured out what it is...BUT... if they lowered their prices they'd have me going more often :)
Post a Comment