February 17, 2010

Week 6....

  • aka sixth week in a row that I haven't seen my husband
  • started my group for young gay men....think it got off to a good start, only time will tell... regardless I have made history at EMU people and the passion that is ever present within me (give a voice to the voiceless) is feeling fulfilled and excited about this new opportunity
  • I'm having some people excitedly signing up for my adult children of alcoholics group
  • went to see the play Vagina Monologues with some classmates/friends the other night... it is highly recommended....has a good balance of humor and social activism/woman's rights... best scene was when a woman was acting out different types of orgasms women can have... I have no idea how she kept a straight face to pull that one off....learned about women in DR Congo who are being severely victimized right now...had some good laughs and choked back some tears at times as well
  • got to do my 60 minute presentation on sexual assault and I think it went pretty good, ther'es not really a light way to present that.....thanks to a close buddy for lots of help
  • had a nice break from all the reading I've been needing to do, felt weird though
  • CANADA GOT TWO GOLD MEDALS ON OUR TURF!!!!!
  • ate at Taste of Thai, like Saigon Thai....but cheaper, more options, and way bigger portions
  • read way too much on LGBTQ stuff, I'm getting ready to write a paper on why some people "come out" in their early adulthood and why some in their late....also involved in that will be what we as counselors needs to do to assist our clients, I'm learning loads of interesting goodies....think God's prepping me for some LGBTQ clients in the future? I sure hope so!!!
  • have been freezing...no matter what I do I can't get warm...I'm diagnosing myself with hypothyroidism....now who's going to diagnose me with a factitious disorder :) Yutzky?..oh I've also been waking up tired...another symptom...ha ha ha
  • am needing some Asian Garden goodness!!!!
  • can't wait to see Troop, Jason, Kitty, Alpine, family, and friends soon.....2 more weeks!!!
  • Trooper was being mouthy one day (barking and growling at Jason for no reason) and I was on the phone with him...so he put me on speaker phone and I said "Troo" in my slow, stern voice...that's what I call him when he's in trouble...guess what he did? Stopped and laid down....too cute! Someone's missing his Mama I think!

7 comments:

Jason said...

I cannot believe that I am 2nd to Trooper in the list of who you can't wait to see!! Actually... I can believe it... You'd be 2nd too! LOL

Erin said...

What shocks me is that poor Kitty is third...don't tell her :) I know I would be...we're obsessed with that guy, no wonder he's so bad!

Mandi said...

I've always wanted to see the Vagina Monologues!!!! You have so many cool opportunities down there. Wow.

Taste of Thai sounds better than Saigon Thai. Were there veg options? Still mapping out all the places we'll eat when I come for that visit someday...

Can't wait to read your paper on people who "come out" early vs. late. Sounds interesting.

Jason - atleast you got an honorable mention as someone Erin can't wait to see... I just got lumped into the last category with "friends". Wow. So who was it that needed me to pick them up from the airport again?!?! JK!

Mandi said...

And also... hypothyroidism? Is that just like the photographic memory? More proof for this factitious disorder! :P

Erin said...

I know I do have some cool opportunities down here, that I'm definitely thankful for! It was in Moncton once, I remember people talking about it. I'll go with you when it comes again buddy.

Well editor in chief, you don't only get to read...you get to fix all my grammar issues as well. Such a good friend, too bad I'm not bringing you any soap :)

Loads of veg options, that's actually what I got. WHen are you coming down???

Hmmmm now I did think of listing actual names of friends and Lindsay but also knew that could be dangerous territory because some people would get left out. Maybe you need to think about why you need public recognition for a friendship that you know is strong and important to both of us, why do you need it to be rubbed in others face...just a thought :P ha ha ha I know I know I'm a brat... man I'm laughing too hard at that... it's fun to be a bitch sometimes, I don't really get to do that in most of the areas of my world right now...

Oh I've got a photographice memory and you know it, you're just jealous. One of my profs actually says "I have a semi-photographic mind" I'm going to start using that sucker!

Mandi said...

Oh you really went there, huh? Girl, brat is right! Well counselor Erin, I don't need public recognition for that - I've actually worked through those issues - so there! That's me being a brat right back!

And maybe if you had a photographic memory, you would remember how to spell photographic, since you've seen it a million times I'm sure. Mandi: 1 more point that however many points Erin has! :P

Jason said...

Erin, what I believe Mandi meant to say whilst trying to correct your bad spelling was "Mandi: 1 more point THAN however many points Erin has!"

Jason: 1 more point than my wife and Mandi combined!