I love this picture of us, and not only do I love this picture but I LOVE the guy in it. Friends I'm going through some brutal shit in counseling right now. I have never been struck at my core like I have been in these past few months (seriously this is going to end at some point right?). So this poor guy is getting a weepy wife on the other end of the phone at least weekly right now, but probably more so soon. What does he say/do in those moments? All the right things! I'm so blessed....I can't even begin to explain the depth of my soul that has been touched by this man. He's the exception I have to every rule and expectation I have ever set for others in my life. He far surpasses what I could have ever hoped for. This process is sucky being so far away, yet at the same time it's a blessing to us as well. Relying only on communication is teaching us so much and strengthening that part of our marriage in an amazing way. In the last 24 hours I have heard two of my friends say really cool things about Jason and they have never even met him. "Your marriage gives me hope" one said. WOW, what a gift! And to that I say.....it gives me hope as well!8 more days baby, 8 more days!
15 comments:
When Jason was here on Thursday night, one of the first things he said to me was "9 more days!" :)
Awww very cool. It's so awesome how God used this time of being away from each other to stengthen your relationship. I can totally see how that focus on communication would do just that. I'm so glad that has happened and wish many more blessings of happiness and love on you two.
We love you both very much, friends.
K I need to come home....that just made me really teary! Thank you for being you. You're right up ther with the thankful as well my dear. Thanks for what you said! He totally is using this time to do some tricky things :) I hope you know the feeling is mutual; we love you both LOADS too! (did I use the ; properly!?!?!?! ha ha ha)
Can't wait to see you!!!!!!
Erin - (yes I'm taking a study break)
I'm so proud of you for diving head first into your stuff with Nate. That takes a lot of guts to go there.. it can be terrifying, but you're doing it! And.. blowing grad school out of the water on top of everything! you rock, bone choker!
And by you taking a study break it means I get one as well (although that seems to be all I'm doing). Thanks for your encouraging words friend. I'm not sure how I'm doing it, but it's all happening and for that I'm thankful in a weird, terrified kind of way :) Thanks to my fellow BC for being there for me!
My wife is awesome... Pretty much sums it up eh?
awwwww you make me smile dear!
very goot, Jason. you got it
for all of you wondering if Erica is just dumb and doesn't know how to spell "good"...that is true...BUT what she's really doing here is making fun of the way I say good. Apparently I say it with a "t" on the end...does anyone else do this or is it just me????
First of all... I find it hilarious that ya'lls friend Erica is making fun of the way you talk... and secondly... you do say it... Now run! Oops I said that out loud!!!
so wait Jason, are you telling me that I'm learning the Canadian language from the wrong Canadian?? ya'll don't say 'goodt' and 'sooory' and 'aboot'?
I'm going to have Erin coming home throwin' "ya'll" all over the place. She can be the first southern canadian :)
Erica, I hate to break it to ya, but we often make fun of Erin for sounding too American (seriously, the girl also says house weird)... and this was before she left for school in the fall! All that time in Florida growing up definitely made her a rare cross-bread between Canadian and American in the way she speaks. I'm afraid if you and I ever meet, we may not be able to understand each other :(
Actually when Erin was home last, she was listening to a message from one of her American friends and I couldn't understand half of it. She was almost willing to call your cell phone so I could listen to your answering machine and hear your accent! Apparently it's stronger. Yikes! Wait until you meet someone from Newfoundland or Cape Breton... that was my family and, for the life of me, I couldn't understand my grandfather at all.
rare cross-bread..ha! I like it :)
Erin and I looked up Newfoundland and Cape Breton accents on you tube the other night... funny stuff! I couldn't understand a thing..! you should listen to my voicemail sometime.. I'd be interested to hear how different my accent is?
and Mandi - I read your blog the other day.. I will never complain about running again. You're experience sounded exactly like what I imagine Canada to be. :) However, vodka in your water bottle = great idea!
I guess I should have wrote rare cross-breed, not bread. Whoops!
We'll totally listen to your voice mail when Erin's home and I'll let you know if I can understand it at all. We may have to just text each other if we ever meet in real life :)
I'll let you know how the vodka in the water bottle works out. It would have been really great last night in that -27 degrees celsius with a wind chill run last night!
Well you could have come down here and used your new treadmill... and you could have walked Trooper for me... Even he hates the -27!
speaking of -27 degrees (which means nothing to me??).. can someone convert this for me... 15 inches of snow = _____ cm? I need to know quick because us Americans are freaking out about the blizzard.
Post a Comment