- counselling, even after 5 years of going, is still very necessary in one's life
- pay attention where you're walking when you're talking (poor Christian walked right into.. like leg on each side....of one of those cables with the yellow plastic thing that come down from the poles onto the sidewalk....he was a hurting unit....Erica and I laughed way too hard though, how supportive of us)
- when people annoy you don't snap back or you'll feel like a douche and need to apologize
- try not to smile too big when the prof has picked something you wrote to read to the class to prove his point
- crying in techniques is just going to happen so suck it up and get used to it
- concerts in Virginia are outdoors in October
- choosing not to run to help mode for everyone in my life is becoming a tinsy bit easier
- when all else fails just reach up
- instead of trying everything else just reach up initially
- football fields are massive, outdoor structures
- there is nothing too special about driving in a BMW, but it makes you feel important especially when you're rocking some California license plates
- Charlottesville is a bigger city than I thought
- Chipotle (Mexican fast food restaurant) needs to be visited more often
- people do care
- oatmeal isn't that bad
- no one has it all together, ever
- doing what you're being asked to, although difficult, is so rewarding
- calling people crying is okay
- going home in 2 weeks can feel like forever
- incorporating client-focused theory and gestalt theory is perhaps becoming a necessary
- home will always be home and your heart will always be there
- making close connections with others is so necessary however thinking of leaving them in 2 years makes you want to hold back
- keeping your mouth shut and just being an attentive, deliberate listener is hard
- Bono still rocks (more to come on the concert later when I get some pics from those who were with me)
...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
October 2, 2009
Lessons from week 5.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
When do we get the U2 concert update?!?!?
Gestalt, really? I thought you weren't into that?
What did you prof read in class that you wrote?
Glad you don't have it all together, because I don't either! Also glad we can call each other and vent and cry, even though we live in different countries.
Love you the tinest, microscopic bit! :P
I just emailed those with pics and told them I need them. So hopefully soon. She I wasn't allowed to bring my camera in and there was also no point in bringing in my cell because I didn't bring the cord to download pics of it.
Ha ha ha I know I thought I wans't into Gestalt either but after learning more about it I may have changed my mind. Let's be honest though I have about 15 more theories to learn so I'm sure I'll change my mind a lot! The 2 work beautifully together though in my head.
Prof read my experience journal. We have to write one every week. I just never get you to proof them.
I'm very thankful for that as well!
Well I don't even love you so there :P ha ha ha 2 more weeks!!!!
Hey there, girl,
Love to hear how things are.
Why are you jetting home? Is there an event, or is it the "I-can't-be-away-from-my-husband-any-longer" syndrome? :o)
Hey Deb! Glad you're liking the posts. It's hard to be creative sometimes...
I'm coming home because my dad is on his way back up. So he and Dee are going to swing by (it's only about an hour out of the way) to get me. We'll then drive all night so that will give me 3 1/2 days home. So it's a cheaper trip because I only needed to buy a one way ticket, plus I miss my husband, plus in order to renew my health insurance I have to be in Canada for 24 hours, oh and my puppy...need to see that guy too :) I'm hoping to make it to church on Sunday!
That's sweet!! I do hope to see you, but if not, I'm thrilled for you to connect, quickly.
Didn't realize about the insurance thing. I'd like to hear more about that at some point. Is it medicare? Cause if not, that is kind of unrealistic, isn't it?
no it's not medicare...it's the "travel insurnace" through Jason's work. Basically it covers me to be out of the country for 60 days. So being in a country where it's really expensive to have medical issues we just don't want to take the chance. We tried to get it waived but Nav Can said no. The only other option is to purchase it from the school (which I will need to do in the spring probably), however it's not as good as a plan as Jason's work by any means. The deductable is really high. Make sense?
Ya I'm just going to see where everything is at, especially with my grandmother. The more I'm away from home the less time I have with Kitty, Trrooper and Alpine and I'm not sure how much I'm willing to do that :)
Post a Comment