October 4, 2009

U2 concert.....

I don't have as many pics as I'd like because I wasn't allowed to bring my camera in. So I thought about bringing my cell, however the cord to download those pics is at home. I therefore decided that I would use Christian's fancy iphone thing, but the fancy iphone thing died in the middle. Here's what I do have....
The concert was at the University of Virginia (who knew that was in Charlottesville) at their football field. Hmmmm I think the team is called the Cavaliers for those of you that know anything about College football. Anyways, I found this interesting because I had never been in a football stadium before. The setup was awesome. So unique! It was called the U2 360 tour. The reason for this is because of the 360 degree stage. It was nice because no seats were bad seats. Here's the stage before the concert even began obviously...
Next, the group with the stage behind. Our seats were really good.... not bad for $55. Can you tell which one of us is from California? So funny! (left to right: Erica, yours truly, Christian, Tara, Danny)

The opening act was Muse. I really liked them. They certainly had a unique sound. After that, U2 came out and played for 3 hours!!! They did 2 encores as well. So it was a late night but well worth it. Bono also got us to send love over seas. It was so powerful. Everyone in the whole stadium was singing "Walk On" with their hands in the air. Yes, I cried :) They sang a few songs I didn't recognize but for the most part I was able to sing along.

Bono also did a solo of "Amazing Grace", so good! Hmmmm I think that's about it. I obviously can't type enough to tell you how wonderful of an experience it was. I'm very thankful that I found out about this and that we were able to pull it together in a week. It wasn't even sold out. That was so weird to me. Enough of my rants....here are some of Tara's pics.....



6 comments:

Jason said...

That's a freaky stage setup...

Erin said...

I know eh? It was so good though because they all took turns walking around the stage.

Mandi said...

That's a cool stage. Wow, I so wish I had of been there. The Amazing Grace solo sounds cool. Lucky ducky!

mb said...

i'm not sure how i feel about you right now...happy that you got to go, mad that i didn't, jealous that i didn't, but mostly happy that you got to go :o)

love you lots!

Debie said...

sigh... :o)

Erin said...

ha ha ha sounds like I have some jealous friends, well you be happy to know that's the only reason why I bought a ticket :) Just kidding!

I actually thought of all of you during the encore and barely kept it together. Wish you all could ahve been there!