October 21, 2009

WOAH......

Holy crap I am pumped right now.....

So I decided to do some research tonight (you know because I have all of this spare time) to see if there was some specific dissociative identity disorder (DID) training that I could do. There is... so that's exciting....but what's even more exciting is this

This is a show on Showtime called The United States of Tara. It's about a mom (played by Toni Colette....love her) who has DID. Can I just tell you I had the biggest smile on my face watching this show. I was actually able to see what was coming next. It was so cool! I have such a HUGE passion for DID and I just know I'm going to be working with people who have been BLESSED by this wonderful coping mechanism. Anyways, I could go on and on but I need to get ready for tomorrow. I know some of you are going to be interested in seeing this so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can find a website to watch it on there. I was able to watch the first episode here http://www.sho.com/site/order/preview.do#/US_Tara_s01_e01 hopefully that link will work for you.

AHHHHH I love my heart and the joy these moments bring me. I have tears in my eyes right now and I'm so thankful to be handed this precious gift of getting my Masters in Counselling so that I can attend to others in an authentic, empathetic, trusting way!!!!!

4 comments:

Jason said...

I believe that this means that as your loving husband I am in some way obligated to start watching this show as well... Is this correct?

Mandi said...

I can't watch that link from CANADA. BOO! However, I just talked to Jason (he's here right now) and he gave me some ideas for where to find it. Sounds like an interesting show! I think I'd like it :)

Erin said...

hmmm loving husband... you don't have to but I actually think you'd like it. I'll leave that up to you!

I think you'd like it too.... I'm glad he gave you some sights to be able to watch it on. He's sneaky like that :)

If either of you do watch it let me know. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Debie said...

This show has been getting lots of good buzz for a while. I think Toni C. was nominated and maybe won the Emmy for it this year. Hopefully, this will help people's understanding, and make it a bit more mainstream when you refer to it. I'm glad you found it.

Have fun with that take-home!
Rock it out.