October 11, 2009

5 days....

So I'm getting quite weepy whenever anyone asks me where home is or gives me the whole "oh you poor thing" when they realize my husband is still there. I found last night particularly hard after watching The Office (hooray Pam and Jim FINALLY got married...it was so good). Then today with Thanksgiving, this is the first time that I haven't been with my family for that. I don't know, it was just weird.
However thankfully I have some people here who I am super thankful for. Thinking of these 4 main people right now just makes my heart fill up with joy (well actually there are 5 but I do not have a picture of Trevor...I'll have to work on that). Without them I don't know where I'd be.
(Christian and Erica)

(Kurt---the Canadian---Nathan, Eli and April)

Since I've focused on Erica and Christian before let's talk about April and Kurt. I've only known these guys for 4 weeks now but I have been at there house every week for those 4 weeks. Being at their house reminds me of when I'm at Mandi and Greg's (except I haven't hit the upstairs bathroom yet...ha ha ha). I feel so comfortable there. April and I cook and chat. The kids are wonderful. Nathan is special needs and melts my heart and Eli. Ha ha ha oh Eli. She is a diva with a capital D. I love it. She so reminds me of Katie when she was younger. Oh and another favorite thing at their house for me is this guy....

Miles greets me in the driveway every time I come. I love him and he loves me. I snuck him some turkey tonight so we'll be best buds forever :) He has one fang that's longer than the other and hangs out of his mouth. It's really cute but you've got to watch it when you're petting him. He gets so into it and starts rubbing his head all over you not realizing that the freaky fang can slice you open.

The other nuts thing is that Kurt and Jason are wayyyyyy too much alike. Since Kurt has been married longer he has all the things that Jason is still begging me for. Like a truck for example. Kurt just got a brand new truck and it just happens to be the same one Jason wants. I told Kurt this the first time I went over. So EVERY time I go over now guess who has a new reason for why I should let Jason get a truck? Yup you got it Mr. Kurt. It's like having a piece of Jason right here in VA :) Today we need a truck so that we can haul folding tables and chairs from the church for our big Thanksgiving get together. I told him that 1. I would never have that many people to my house for a meal and 2. I don't go to a church that has folding tables and chairs that I would need to put in a truck. Doesn't matter though, he'll have something else for the next time I go over.

Anyways, although I wasn't home for Thanksgiving it was a blast. I'm tired and stuffed to the max but it was so worth it. The warmth and love I felt tonight helped me make it through another day in this sometimes difficult, lonely journey. I'm so thankful to them for blessing me with their home and love. I went to their church for the first time today as well and it was the first time since I've been here that I really connected with God in a church environment. I have soooo missed that. So needless to say I'll be back. Anyways here are a couple more pics from tonight....


Lastly Eli wanted me to put this on my blog because "this is the sign for I love you". I showed her what I thought it was but she said "no this is it, I know sign language" :) So there you go folks, a little lesson from a very smart 5 year old!

4 comments:

Jason said...

I am very happy that all of those people are helping to make it easier for you to be away doing this... Also they should be very thankful that you baked and/or cooked something for them... I can't wait for you to come home!

Erin said...

I'm happy too.... ha ha ha you can't wait for me to come home because you're jealous that they're getting all my yummy food? You're cute!

Debie said...

Great entry. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

I'm off to peel 15 lbs. of potatoes. We head to the Horsman gathering in Sackville for noon.

I'm curious about Nathan...what are his challenges? Eli is cute. What is Eli short for? Is it pronounced "Ellie"?

So glad that you have great friends. Oh, and I'm late on the "holy cow! you are rocking on the marks!" Better late than never, I hope.

Love ya! (it's from Debie--in case I go "anonymous" again)

Erin said...

Thanks Debie! Happy Thanksgiving to you too... Have fun peeling potatoes, I'm so glad April got that job :)

Ya it is pronounced Ellie...I spelt it wrong perhaps? It's short for Elise. Nathan actually, and I've been wanting to chat with you about this, has been diagnosed with the same thing as Mac. However Nathan has something else going on as well that they are still trying to figure out. Since I'm learning about some of this stuff I find it fascinating. And because I've been over there to interact with him weekly, I've been noticing huge progress.

Thanks for the "holy cow" :) I got another paper back last night and I got another A. Oh ya! ha ha ha I do enjoy bragging because I'm super proud of myself.

Love you too....see you soon!