October 4, 2009

Little troublemaker....

As I look at this picture it brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. This was Trooper's first bath. He was only eight weeks old and three pounds. Now he is seven months old and weighs about 10 pounds.

Although a lot has changed he is still using the freaking bathroom in the house. Everything that I have researched on Shih tzus says that they can take up to a year to house train. It actually also says that until that point it should be unexpected that he can go for extended periods of time without going to the bathroom because of his underdeveloped system. Makes sense right?

Well what does one do when they take this little bundle of joy for a walk and then he walks right into the house and uses the bathroom on your floor (or worse off bed, sorry aunt Lindsay)? He's a huge delight but he frustrates a lot of people in his life as well.

So those of you that have/had dogs..... any advice? Also after this last stint at aunt Lindsay's I think we may need a new babysitter for when Jason goes away again. Any takers :) ha ha ha not after what I just wrote huh?

4 comments:

Trooper's Dad said...

I miss him so much right now... Pee and all.

Erin said...

ha ha ha awww I'll remind you of that when you call me complaining :)

Trooper's Dad said...

He is going for his first big boy haircut tomorrow...

Erin said...

you'll have to send me a pic!!!