October 7, 2009

Week 6 happenings....

  • not interested in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
  • waking up randomly at 5:30 and not being able to get back to sleep makes for a really long day
  • I LOVE my counselor!!!!
  • got an email that I need to start thinking about practicum for next semester?!?!?!
  • need to look into joining Canandian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association and/or American Counseling Association
  • need to find inexpensive ways to have fun with friends
  • am thankful for my life here right now (if we could just figure out a way that Jason could live here and work I'd be all set)
  • feeling sad that one of the residents from the home passed away :(
  • am getting used to, and loving, weekly counseling sessions
  • had my first intense empathetic experience with someone I barely knew, it was exhausting and wonderfully beautiful all at the same time....ahhh I'm getting teary just thinking about it
  • only 10 more weeks to go in this semester...see baby this is going to go by quick!
  • this time next weekend I'll be on my way home, now I'm crying
  • spring break is huge down here....how do the college students afford it?
  • guava yogurt is really good
  • don't read about medical concerns on the internet because you'll freak yourself out
  • I made Hamburger Helper for the first time in many many years and it was so good
  • Costco here is way better than Costco at home however I don't need that much food here, I need it home.....arghhhhhh
  • April (don't have pics of her yet) and I are making Thanksgiving supper for 25 people this weekend...I'm so excited...it's been way too long since I cooked and baked (her husband is Canadian so that's why we're celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving because Thanksgiving here isn't until the end of Nov.), she bought everything and I'm going to help
  • went to a Mennonite Relief sale....so much yummy food! Basically everything everyone makes gets donated to Mennonite organizations like MCC...I have heard about these so much and it was very fun to finally get to go to one
  • got another A on a paper, got an A on my case study report, and got 73/75 on my Psychopathology Midterm (so yes that's another A) folks I am rocking grad school :) ha ha ha

2 comments:

Jason said...

Your little family misses you and can't wait for you to come home... If I buy all the stuff for a turkey dinner w/ lemon pie will you make it for me when you come home? 10 weeks still seems like a long time... And you certainly are rockin' grad school... Rockin' it like a hurricane...

Erin said...

oh I can't wait to come home to see my little family! No deal, go to your grandmother's this weekend if you want that stuff!!! Ha ha ha a hurricane huh? I know I know like the song...you make me laugh!