- got over 100% (there was a bonus question) on my PIFE midterm that I was worried about (only 4 of us did this, oh ya)
- had 2 counseling sessions
- listened to Chris Brown's song "Forever" way too much
- had "Forever" stuck in my head everyday and would pass that gift on to Christian and Erica :)
- missed Jason A LOT
- wished my puppy was here, honey can you and Troop come live in VA?
- went to an EMU intramural football game
- will be attending a Halloween party
- felt the closest I've ever felt to having a panic attack and it was scary
- was faced with a dual relationship dilemma and failed
- had Chipotle again, yum
- watched the movie "Zombieland", although stupid premise it was funny at times
- realized that I have a big spot in my heart for sex offenders and that others don't usually share this view
- learned about cognitive behavioral theory
- Trooper is now in a kennel all day long and he seems to be loving it
- haven't spent too much time alone, thankfully
- have been really tired, but have been feeling good
- heard about practicum for next semester?!?!?! I have to have a minimal of 40 hours (or 40 sessions) of direct one on one contact with clients next semester...ahhhhhhhhh
- booked my plane ticket for Christmas....Dec. 19 I'll be back home, 7 more weeks baby!
- realized that role playing in a client/counselor role with one of your close buddies is difficult
- laughed a lot
- registered for my spring semester courses
- joined the American Counselor Association (ACA)....I feel so grown up :)
- have been missing Him, but am realizing that He's still there
- did another midterm, only one more to go
- have been a busy, busy girl
...where you can catch up on my world in Virginia, New Brunswick, or somewhere else.
October 30, 2009
Week 9 I.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'd be interested to hear what you learned about CBT since that's what we're working on incorporating into the sessions at detox for the clients there. Did you learn anything about dialectical behavior therapy specifically? It combines CBT with Buddhist type concepts like mindfullness and acceptance... kind of hard to teach someone going through withdrawal but that's what we're doing!
Hey, I always get a smile on my face when I see that you've commented! How cool that we're learning about the same thing. We actually watched a video on Marsha Linehan (the creator of DBT). That would be hard to teach someone going through withdrawal. However it makes sense. By clearing through the cognitions of the addictions you'll get a different behaviour out of the person who is addicted, and incorporating DBT into that will give them the guidance and nuturing that they need throughout the process to feel as though they can continue on....for the most part...do I have that right? I would be interested in talking to you more about that as well and bringing it up in my class. CBT is used by a lot of counselors. However, what we were taught is that counselors who use DBT do so with clients who have Borderline Personality Disorder. Anyways, I'm so going to call you now!
1. It's always fun to read Erin's blog now since I get to see what she got on her tests without asking her.
3. agreed, listened to 'Forever' WAY too much, so if there ever WAS a chance of doing this at my wedding, you killed that when you started singing it 24/7.
- dual relationship dilemma: still laughing
-role playing buddies: also realized it's hard to get dirt out of contacts when you're wearing glasses? Jason you've got one smart wife there, now who's ditzy?
also learned this week: erin's magic jack breathes at me and cuts her off when she tries to talk about important things, but of course when she laughs I can hear that fine. good ol' canada.
Well well well look who it is :P
1. ha ha ha I'm going to stop posting my marks now that you're lurking around this territory, so there!
3. whatever, you are so doing this at your wedding and you LOVE that song too
-ha ha me too, freaking Trevor!
-oh dear, I didn't tell him about that...I'll have to fill him in... nice dig :)
-hate to break it to you there BC but....the magicjack is from your good ol' country not mine! Also that might have been a dangerous comment, Jason HATES the magicjack as well so hopefully you didn't wake the bear!
Welcome Erica... I have already searched for "calming breathing techniques" on Google because of the stupid Magic Jack...
Hi Jason, and yes please do share those when you find some. Magic Jack is the sole reason this world is so angry.
ha ha ha you guys are insane!
Post a Comment